Gen IV - Nitrous & Dyno Vid

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reflashed what? I'm assuming they mean "Mopar PCM" since no one has cracked the rolling encryption, but I'm all ears...

Reaction score
You can see by the power curve at peak torque (4000) the car is pulling timing like crazy because of detonation probably, I would be leery of future piston trouble as the PCM was not calibrated to address nitrous.

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see by the power curve at peak torque (4000) the car is pulling timing like crazy because of detonation probably, I would be leery of future piston trouble as the PCM was not calibrated to address nitrous.

Why not run a race gas mix? or use the nitrous/fuel jetting to get the tune dialed in? old school way like reading plugs and what not

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not run a race gas mix? or use the nitrous/fuel jetting to get the tune dialed in? old school way like reading plugs and what not

The timing would be the issue...normally, you'd pull a few degrees of timing when running nitrous. Yes, you could get the AFR in line by changing the fuel jets, but you'd have to reliably trick the PCM into pulling the correct amount of timing. Race gas might help, but it would be at the expense of the cats and O2 sensors if it was leaded.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run race gas when spraying and be done with it, I have heard people run into issues when driving the car that the car goes into limp mode has this car actually be tested on the track and road?

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing would be the issue...normally, you'd pull a few degrees of timing when running nitrous. Yes, you could get the AFR in line by changing the fuel jets, but you'd have to reliably trick the PCM into pulling the correct amount of timing. Race gas might help, but it would be at the expense of the cats and O2 sensors if it was leaded.

Seems like running cat less and using a race gas mix would solve that issue easily.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called PSI just now. This Dyno run was done several years ago and the tuner said they were just using a Mopar ECU, but then switched back to the stock ECU as the mopar one did nothing for this setup. The Nitrous kit is plug and play and comes with the intake tubes and adapters as well as a programmable window switch. All for $2300.
He said the engine is still running strong to this day and the owner beats the crap out of it and races it with the nitrous.
Sorry, no reflashed ECU. :(

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think without race gas a mopar PCM would actually be worse with more aggressive timing :(

03Whitetgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt this the car that pulled like crazy in a single gear then lost all power as soon as he shifted? Might be thinking of another.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte