Gen IV rollover protection for the track

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am wanting to attend a track day with NASA for an HPDE. I asked them if the factory rollover protection on a 2008 vert is suffecient. Here was their response:

"We normally ask that you get a letter from the manufacturer of the rollover protection stating that the Rollbar/Hoop/Etc. you have installed for Rollover Protection will indeed support the vehicle in an inverted position. Most manufacturers representatives will be more than happy to provide that letter. Fax us a copy of that letter (704) 973-9789 and you'll be good to go!"

SO, 2 questions. First, will dodge give me a letter like that, and second, who would I call for such a thing?

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not going to get that letter, there should be a sticker on the car telling you that those are "NOT" roll bars. Many after-market one's around, try jon b.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am wanting to attend a track day with NASA for an HPDE. I asked them if the factory rollover protection on a 2008 vert is suffecient. Here was their response:

"We normally ask that you get a letter from the manufacturer of the rollover protection stating that the Rollbar/Hoop/Etc. you have installed for Rollover Protection will indeed support the vehicle in an inverted position. Most manufacturers representatives will be more than happy to provide that letter. Fax us a copy of that letter (704) 973-9789 and you'll be good to go!"

SO, 2 questions. First, will dodge give me a letter like that, and second, who would I call for such a thing?

Like KWIK sez.....You wont get such a letter from Dodge, SRT, Chrysler, or Fiat....because those hoops are called "Sport Hoops".....you can knock them off the car with a hard-swung fungo-bat .....

NARRA-Viper Days allows OE soft tops so long as you dont have slicks. Your other options are hard top or a true roll bar............ [email protected]

OP
OP
R

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was wanting to get a roll bar anyway just for the safety factor. I guess this is a good reason to pull the trigger.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Get the roll bar. Should be the first add for any convertible.

Car should come with rollover protection.

Dan

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as your doing NASA HPDE's you will be fine. If you are in the Mid Atlantic Region look me up, i will help you pass tech.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was wanting to get a roll bar anyway just for the safety factor. I guess this is a good reason to pull the trigger.

I'm doing the same thing, I was going to do an approved hardtop for track days, but re-thought it to get the safety on the street where I need it as much. Haven't ordered yet, but got a great quote from JonB & will order as soon as I save up my duckets. I'm planning it for a fall project, when it's cooler in the garage.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang