Gen V Motor Trend Article

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Video is spot on and really expalins the nuances of old and new along with a great description and details of the new car.

Good post

Bruce

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some stuff will never go away... I guess it's all legend at this point...

"The refinements result in an extra 40 hp and 40 lb-ft of torque, totaling 640 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque. "Truck engine" this ain't."

"Determined to prove the Viper could do more than drive in a straight line,"

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a video? It's probably right in front of me but I don't see a video link on that page.

oh, I found it.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper has always been able to travel in more than a straight line? What, some 20 year old writing this copy? Hell, my SRT8 Charger handles damn good, especially for its size an weight.

Obviously someone doesn't know what SRT is all about.

Viper Garage Elite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oviously this writer is a complete axxhole. Definitly has no clue about many track records the car has not to mention that the new gear ratio on the gen 5 is backwards.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Determined to prove the Viper could do more than drive in a straight line,"

There are 73 "official" turns at Nurburgring along with many subtle curves and bends.
1000 feet of elevation changes.
Would have thought that might disprove the straight line only theory but I guess not.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like Ralph was referencing the time of the non ACR coupe - not the ACR record time. If he was not, then the ACR version of the 2013 is going to be available much sooner than expected.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper has always been able to travel in more than a straight line? What, some 20 year old writing this copy?
True, but EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON in the World other than us Viper guys think the Viper cannot turn. They completely ignore World Championships and track records. So ridiculous, but I believe the article was reporting the perception, not saying it is true.

Where did the riduculous idea about Viper handling start in the first place?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a great interview with Ralph:headbang:

It seemed like that guy's first interview ever, but he did have some good questions. I think it is interesting that they will produce 2000 per year. I would have never thought that they would make that many again. Oh well, hopefully the increased productions numbers keep the cost down a little and 2000 isn't very many anyways.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON in the World other than us Viper guys think the Viper cannot turn. They completely ignore World Championships and track records. So ridiculous, but I believe the article was reporting the perception, not saying it is true.

Where did the riduculous idea about Viper handling start in the first place?

I think it is self-induced from viper owners that add superchargers and turbos so they can then wreck their cars on the street and then the folks that just drag race the cars. Reality is you have to have skills to drive one of these beasts fast in the turns and on a track and those turbo's and superchargers don't help. Just read all the complaints about "only" 640hp and comparisons to a mustang and you don't have to look to far on why the image would come about. Simple question, what kind of cars and owners bring up their HP as the first point of discussion? Usually only muscle car owners that only care about going in a straight line. Ever hear a 911, R8, Fararri or Lambo owner first words be their HP? It is usually the handling, design, quality, history, etc. So, I think the perception is in part self-induced...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ LOL...Its got nothing to do with that:rolleyes:...That perxception goes back to way before the Viper ever existed.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling the car out as an "Axe Murderer" and "More civilized than what ? A plane crash... I mean what ? " could have a little something to do with it:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960