Gen V Photo in 4/11 C & D is Scary!

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
perhaps the shroud of secrecy has more to do with a bunch of 09s still unsold and a bigger bunch of 10s still sitting on lots.
for a low production car the suits might find that discouraging and may factor into shrouding the new car in secrecy.
maybe theyre afraid some folks may hold off buying a gen 4 at this point to wait for the gen5. protecting their dealership network, perhaps?
who knows

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What gets me is why do so many that saw the alleged "real" Gen5 at VOI so feel thats what its "really" gonna look like.

Cause it was VOI...

Cause they didnt allow cameras in...

Cause an executive gave a speech...

Cause Dodge really said so...

Realisticaly why couldnt the VOI Gen5 design prototype be part of a simple marketing tool like a survey?

Gen5 will likely be released but who on this forum actually has enough proprietary access & infomation at this time to really say

"this is what its gonna look like"

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What gets me is why do so many that saw the alleged "real" Gen5 at VOI so feel thats what its "really" gonna look like.

Cause it was VOI...

Cause they didnt allow cameras in...

Cause an executive gave a speech...

Cause Dodge really said so...

Realisticaly why couldnt the VOI Gen5 design prototype be part of a simple marketing tool like a survey?

Gen5 will likely be released but who on this forum actually has enough proprietary access & infomation at this time to really say

"this is what its gonna look like"

I guess you had to be there.

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think thats what "A naked women lying on the beach" looks like. But there are some weird people out there. I trust that Ralph knows what a naked women on a beach looks like. :)

NOT a big Halle Barry fan. Hope the car does not look like her as earlier reported.

I must say that this is all a getting a bit silly. Dodge will lose some momentum and likely some sales if they don't start revealing the design and specs.:usa:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I agree, from an Inventory Management standpoint, releasing photos of the Gen V would certainly (assuming it looks good) decrease likelihood of people running out to buy a Gen IV unless they are severely discounted. Either way, the dealers are stuck and so is Dodge for the time being.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, C&D continues their fine reputation for cutting edge reporting with that.

Really, C&D should be the last ones to know what the car looks like. Hell, I could already write the article for them. Just put together some old oneliners from the 90's articles and you've got their story.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I can, I think I can. Whoot whoot.

Losing momentum and I dont know if were gonna get up this hill. By now their should be somthing plain and simple. Even a realistic price point would be welcome. Honestly the people who have seen it and type too much are punished???? Are we in a differant country or is this still the US?

Im pissed and Ive seen this with other cars that just never emerged. The new NSX really comes to mind. Very little detail ever released about the car FOR YEARS except magazine artist renders. Then the ocassional remark from Hoonda that they may be releasing on this date or that date. Then next thing you know it is officially dead.

What some of us refer to as smart marketing to keep the momentum going, I am now starting to feel is a desperate attempt to keep Dodge fans feeling that their flagship is still alive and kicking, when in reality Dodge dosent have a leg to stand on and its gone. I mean really? We are baseing speculation over a essentially large clay model with no engine ect.

I love the viper but at this point it is what it is and that appears to be nothing. Prove me wrong Ralph. Please.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree they are doing this to protect their dealer network. Dodge got too excited and overproduced the viper. Total production numbers for a given year should NEVER exceed 1000 units. That is what keeps this car exclusive and justifies its price. 750 units is the ideal number IMO, including all variations.

I hope the gen V is at least as wide as the comp coupe. I hope it has aggressive front and rear fenders and that it gets more of that supercar look. The sides of the SRT are too flat. The street serpent kit helps but the SRT rear could still use an extra inch on each side to help give it more shape. We will see what happens.

hyatt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just hope it looks better than the Jeff Lemke falcon project.
l19.jpg

http://forums.viperclub.org/driven/641239-so-what-ive-been-up-7.html
Because this car is mean as hell!

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I can, I think I can. Whoot whoot.

Losing momentum and I dont know if were gonna get up this hill. By now their should be somthing plain and simple. Even a realistic price point would be welcome. Honestly the people who have seen it and type too much are punished???? Are we in a differant country or is this still the US?

Im pissed and Ive seen this with other cars that just never emerged. The new NSX really comes to mind. Very little detail ever released about the car FOR YEARS except magazine artist renders. Then the ocassional remark from Hoonda that they may be releasing on this date or that date. Then next thing you know it is officially dead.

What some of us refer to as smart marketing to keep the momentum going, I am now starting to feel is a desperate attempt to keep Dodge fans feeling that their flagship is still alive and kicking, when in reality Dodge dosent have a leg to stand on and its gone. I mean really? We are baseing speculation over a essentially large clay model with no engine ect.

I love the viper but at this point it is what it is and that appears to be nothing. Prove me wrong Ralph. Please.

Yeah, Who really knows what Gen5 is going to look like until a future date. Hope it happens too.
Ive worked on programs fairly mature in development that got altered or even scrubed, due to adjustments needed to be put in place at that time.

There not showing more cause they are not sure exactly.

If they were so certain, there is no reason the Gen5 could not be in production for 2012.

If Dodge intends to impress waiting till 2013 doesnt help...
still too many real deal economic problems very real and volatile that could mess up a potential good thing coming up.

Ater the corporate meltdown...given another chance by a succesful company investing for instance, Dodge needs to come back quick and with heart & soul of the lion...its the only way. Thats what makes potential customers heads spin and sign the sales paperwork and commands respect. Take a look at BMW for instance..why do so many that can afford one want one? nice cars, great showrooms, great image...all created and very real.

For Viper loyalists like us, most informed and interested in cars & performance business...gen5 should have been out in 2012. Just my opinion.

The Viper has always been a tool for Dodge image not a coorporate moneymaker and thats what drives Business.

We have to admit American coorporate management, especially in the auto business, lacks design & engineering & quality philosophies forged into their product lines that has been the backbone of long term success....Unlike Porsche & Ferrari.

I want to see the Gen5 "bigger & badder" than anything on the road anywhere near its price point however im just not gonna believe till its time to believe.

Last edited:

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah right..until he suddenly gets a better job offer somewhere else.

Seriously anybody know how long Gillies been with the company...that could help.

He has gotta really push everyone for the Gen5 to be the best drivers car in every way. Thats it, period!

The Viper is an American icon and we need it to be the best!

Last edited:

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you see the polished factories & dealerships of our serious performance competitors.

Why cant that be a domestic name?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I read quality and Ferrari in the same sentence?

Sure, Awesome, Passion, Fast, but quality? Has there ever been another maker, of whom so many of their cars have spontaneously combusted? Even the 458.

And lets not bring up the services.....

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is easy to see why Dodge wants to keep the Gen V a secret. If they brought it out now, GM would clone alot of it and call it a Corvette. Keeping it a secret for as long as they can will ensure that they get fewer copycats.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps the shroud of secrecy has more to do with a bunch of 09s still unsold and a bigger bunch of 10s still sitting on lots.
for a low production car the suits might find that discouraging and may factor into shrouding the new car in secrecy.
maybe theyre afraid some folks may hold off buying a gen 4 at this point to wait for the gen5. protecting their dealership network, perhaps?
who knows

Protecting their dealers:rolleyes: Yeah right. Tell that to Tator's Dodge:irked:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Having seen the G5 prototype at VOI (Thanks Ralph) I can also affirm in the strongest possible terms

IT
AINT
THAT
OR EVEN
CLOSE TO
LOOKING LIKE THOSE

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah right..until he suddenly gets a better job offer somewhere else. Seriously anybody know how long Gillies been with the company...that could help.
He has gotta really push everyone for the Gen5 to be the best drivers car in every way. Thats it, period!
The Viper is an American icon and we need it to be the best!

We are In such Good hands.....ALLSTATE would hire him!

MUCH of what you want to know about Ralph....... except what his middle initial means! :

http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsr...FECB655474B9F0D33E642300CFBD8B?&id=2123&mid=4

Chrysler Blog - Ralph Gilles

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drama on this site alone keeps the spirit alive with post after post about a bogus car. I get sucked into everyone hoping to see what was at VOI. Nothing has come close except for hints from the Volada design.

Carry on

Bruce

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit of recent news and vague quotes

Dodge Viper alive and well, Gilles says - AutoWeek Magazine

He still declined to reveal specifics of the Gen5 although VOI 11 was 5months ago and Gen 5 is suppose to be out Summer 2012.

This leaves plenty of time for design changes, especially aesthetic.

They should at least provide general yet solid details on engine configuration sometime soon... maybe they dont want to sign up for further publication till they themselves are sure.

Another quote from Gilles
Chrysler to resurrect Viper | detnews.com | The Detroit News

"I want the new Viper to be a more forgiving car to drive and accessible to more people. We've never had stability control on a high-performance car, which is about to happen on the new car."

"Forgiving" is not the best recipe when debuting a car with serious high performance goals which we may be so prematurely applauding.

Hope it works out well for the Viper

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know when and where the OFFICIAL Gen V debut will be?? I want to be there.

EDIT:
BTW, the new Charger ain't that bad:

Last edited:

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler is still bankrupt and will be out of business before the G5 is ever produced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte