Gen V Spotted

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for posting this.

I think it looks really great in yellow.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep!! Look at that wheel gap baby!! What is that the new SRT Monster Truck?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now why didn't they debut that car in that color? Oh yeah, FIAT!

Looks much better in yellow, wait and blue, and about every other photoshop color than the debut one.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great jumping tuna fishies!!!!! :yay:

Love it!!!! :nana:

My heart just went boom!!! :yay:

As to the camera question, iPhone. When put on side it gives a wider lense.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That looks great. Yellow suits it well. Cant wait to see more of this car in various colors. Viper rolling shots are always epic.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doesn't help me at all! I am desperately trying to not like the gen V car. I can't afford any more debt right now. I'm having more trouble understanding all the negative slamming on the new car as well, that thing is killer looking. ............maybe I could trade in my Corvette...:rolleyes:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody in the plant accidentally broke it off and they had to order a new one...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me or does it look like the yellow Viper has the old SUV ride height in this video? I guess they lowered the RED one at the autoshow and in pictures. Is the Bilsteins adjustability also ride height? Maybe they just lowered the red Viper for photo/video shoots an the Autoshow presentation? Unless the yellow Viper in the video has the base shock and coil spring suspension.

Last edited:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me or does it look like the yellow Viper has the old SUV ride height in this video? I guess they lowered the RED one at the autoshow and in pictures. Is the Bilsteins adjustability also ride height? Maybe they just lowered the red Viper for photo/video shoots an the Autoshow presentation? Unless the yellow Viper in the video has the base shock and coil spring suspension.

That's probably exactly what it is, since the car that's been digitized into Forza 4 is sitting at the same height.

For those of us that aren't willin to turn our heads sideways I took a screenshot with my iphone and made it more yellow.

You must be registered for see images

--RS

Edit: HEY I dunno if you all noticed but this isn't a GTS, this is a normal SRT coupe the rear headlight surround is YELLOW!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of us that aren't willin to turn our heads sideways I took a screenshot with my iphone and made it more yellow.

You must be registered for see images

--RS

Edit: HEY I dunno if you all noticed but this isn't a GTS, this is a normal SRT coupe the rear headlight surround is YELLOW!

Thanks for saving my neck! I had noticed it was not the GTS and if it had stripes, it would be just what I am going to buy!

Bill

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't make a big deal out of the ride height. It won't be that way in production.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely an SRT Viper and not a GTS. I hope that what is shown here is not the final ride height above the tires. It is very unflattering and inconsistent with the design of the vehicle. The fit and finish around the rear deck lid look a bit primative so perhaps this is a test vehicle.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wheel well will allways be higher like that i was told by srt engineers because of liability,car washes,curbs, parking curbs,speedbumps ,ect....

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why in the world would somebody rotate a camcorder on its' side while recording?

It is from a cell phone. For some reason, most people start cell phone videos so that the screen is higher than it is wide. They do this because they are idiots. Often times, they then realize that it is hard to frame for things with this aspect ratio so they flip the camera and make a mess of everything. Then they upload their horrible video to youtube and since the aspect ratio is made for properly shot video on youtube, the resolution of the horrible sideways video is reduced to fit into the frame, making the video both crappy and low resolution.

The car looks pretty good though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang