GEN V 'Track Edition'...

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, I just want to thank you for all of the AMAZING work that you continue to do on this site. I for one can't wait for you to get your first Viper.

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, are you using the actual shadow blue pearl color for the GTS, or is it a guess on your part? I've seen some of the pics of the blue mule, and they don't compare to the color you use in your renderings...

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk - Austin you are the man I cant wait to see how the new ACR from Dodge will compare

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, are you using the actual shadow blue pearl color for the GTS, or is it a guess on your part? I've seen some of the pics of the blue mule, and they don't compare to the color you use in your renderings...

Colors are difficult to get "spot on" in Photoshop. Its more of an "eyeball it" kind of thing when it comes to trying to duplicate a color you've seen. In this render though I was more going for a custom color, and something along the lines of between GTS Blue and the blue that will be on the GEN V. I saw the new blue in person (its on the top of the ALMS car), but it was under bright lighting in a dark room, so not sure how well the color came across. I do know that the color did look good though.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! Pete, I really enjoy doing this stuff. When I do these, I honestly lose all sense of time. I get so enthralled in what I'm doing. Some of these I do just for my own personal "what would that look like?", and then there are those that I do that are requests from members etc... I too cannot wait until I can finally have a Viper sitting in my garage. Since being laid off though, it will probably be a while. Until then, I can keep dreaming and building these cars in PS, and of course living vicariously through all of you. I appreciate everyone compliments and comments; good or bad. Its feedback!

Great example of what the Gen V ACR should look like.

:2tu:

that is bad asp,

Bruce

Austin, I just want to thank you for all of the AMAZING work that you continue to do on this site. I for one can't wait for you to get your first Viper.

Thats sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk - Austin you are the man I cant wait to see how the new ACR from Dodge will compare

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colors are difficult to get "spot on" in Photoshop. Its more of an "eyeball it" kind of thing when it comes to trying to duplicate a color you've seen. In this render though I was more going for a custom color, and something along the lines of between GTS Blue and the blue that will be on the GEN V. I saw the new blue in person (its on the top of the ALMS car), but it was under bright lighting in a dark room, so not sure how well the color came across. I do know that the color did look good though.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I've owned several blue cars, and IMO, blue is a hard color to get right. I love your choice of blue in renderings, and I hope that the actual color they do go with is close. Some of the pics of the mule in blue look good, and in others the color looks a little too light for my taste. Thanks again for the great renderings, and keep em' coming!

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome. The mules have all been in GTS Blue (from what Ive seen and can tell). GTS Blue doesnt come across in pics very well sometimes, but in person, it is amazing.

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I've owned several blue cars, and IMO, blue is a hard color to get right. I love your choice of blue in renderings, and I hope that the actual color they do go with is close. Some of the pics of the mule in blue look good, and in others the color looks a little too light for my taste. Thanks again for the great renderings, and keep em' coming!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing looks out of place. Too low and too far forward unlike the lemans autoform version on my car. The nose and splitter are ok but Old school like the autofrom lemans nose and splitter on my GTS. Looks great but old school. Even nascar has gone without struts to the splitter. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing looks out of place. Too low and too far forward unlike the lemans autoform version on my car. The nose and splitter are ok but Old school like the autofrom lemans nose and splitter on my GTS. Looks great but old school. Even nascar has gone without struts to the splitter. GTS Bruce

Your posts make me laugh. You're such a nitpicker. First of all, it is just a render of something that could be seen at a track. Not saying it would be something from the factory. Just trying to give the track guys/gals something to look at. I personally like that look more. Secondly, every part that I used in the render came off of a RECENT car. Explain that one. Anyway... All comments welcome. Even the negative ones. ;)

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking Austin. Even if they refuse to do a full GTS-R style body, just a little widebody treatment would help...let's say 1-2" on each side in the rear. The front width is fine as is. Look at the huge difference it made for the C6. Base is weak. Zo6/ZR1 are very aggressive