Gen1 Oil Pan Baffles

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of options for oil pan baffles for a Gen1 to help with potential starvation issues? I'm looking for some low cost insurance against oil startvation for HPDE track days.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be able to upgrade to the 10qt (01-02) pan which there is a baffle setup for. That's what I did

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont have Gen-1 baffles on the shelf, nor a pan laying around to make up a set.... but if you want it done and can get me a pan for a week or so, I can get them made for you.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TexasPetty, I campaigned a Gen 1 for 4 years & 20K miles. I never had an oil starvation problem.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TexasPetty, I campaigned a Gen 1 for 4 years & 20K miles. I never had an oil starvation problem.

Exactly! And he was fast too!!

Oil starvation became an issue with the Gen2 motor..... your G1 holds a lot of oil, and starvation was not an observed problem.

If you have lowered your car, upgraded your brakes, and are running slicks, it cannot hurt to add anti-slosh baffles..... but Frank did all that and more...

OP
OP
T

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. It's good to know that others haven't had issues. I always hate experimenting and finding out the hard way. I'll just stick with my stock setup and keep running 1/2 quart over.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's a Gen 2 baffle kit. The Gen 1's had large oil pickup and well baffled pan, no starvation issues.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suffered oil starvation at the track today in my Gen II ... at least that's the only explanation that we can come up with afer a rather rapid end swapping and an engine shut down.:) Doesn't appear to be any long term damage, so it's all good. Wouldn't want that to happen more than once, so I may have to look into those baffles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang