gen1 seatbelt

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dont know if its just me but my seatbelt comes across my chest and rubs my neck. im about 5'10 which is average. does anyone else have this issue of a raw neck? any fixes that can be done without ripping out the belts and putting in new ones?

SnakeCharmer99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, go to snakeoyl's web site and they sell seatbelt pads for around $36. Any color to match your car. Problem solved. Hope that helps.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine is shorter than me and we fabricated an extension for the loop on the door wing. Went from the OEM 1" (?) length to a little over 2" made a reasonable difference. All you have to do it unscrew the bolt under the cover and add your extension.

I used a longer rubbery cover from another Dodge (from the parts bin of stuff I save from cars I've had that have gone to heaven) to replace the cover.

OP
OP
ViperJay

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the input. the clips are probably what im going to do but tom has an interesting post there. tom, do you have any pics. the reason i would rather do it this way is the pads will slide and still be on my neck (just wont irritate my neck). the clips will not let the belt retract all the way. if i could just find a way to lower the intake from the door, that would be perfect. sounds like that is what tom did. pics, pics, pics!!

thanks