Gen2 motor with Striker heads, compression ratio?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what the compression ratio is, for a Gen2 motor with the street Striker heads? (Stock gaskets) I called JM Cylinder heads, but he's either not in, or busy.

I'm down here at DC Performance, getting the car tuned on the dyno soon. Would be helpful to have this information.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Vic,

Find out who built the engine and ask them. Compression ratio can vary quite a bit based upon combustion chamber size. I have 8.9 to 1 C R with my Paxton SRT-10 and Stryker Heads. Others have run 10.5 to 1 and up with Stryker heads.

If you can't find out who built the engine and what they did, short of removing the heads and measuring combustion chamber size, Dan should be able to determine C R for you by measuring compression pressure, then doing the math.

Dan

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vic

Sorry I cannot help directly but if you keep trying Jim Morey he will be able to help you.

The alternative is to have DC cc one cylinder of your engine when it is in the shop and we could guess within a few % from there based on the results and compare to blueprint specs.

Basically, if you order the heads with stock cc chambers cr will stay the same. If with less cc, the cr goes up.

and hey - good to see you still around buddy - been a while since I was over here.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's actually Jeff Morey at JM Cylinder heads.

You can Google him.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi