Gen4 engine mount-passenger side???

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the driver side done...pretty easy:2tu:!! How in the world do you get the passenger side out:mad:?? Motor is jacked up all the way to the point it is lifting the car. Do I need to tighten the driver side up so the motor tilts more??

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well right or wrong I got it. I had to remove the crossover bar, oil cooler lines, plug wire #2 and was able to get it out the front.

Now, I'm going to try to reverse and intall?!?!?!?

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to help you out, but I did mine the old-fashioned way ---> Dropped off the car with my local Viper Tech for the day.;)

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All vipers are different. I have had the passenger engine mount fall out after I removed the bolts. I have had others that seemed tight.

Don't tighten the drivers side (large nut) until both mounts are in and the dowels on the mounts are sitting correctly in the vehicle frame.

Good luck

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

Well after all this, the dowel pins do not line up on either side!! I lifted up on one side, then the other and still nothing. I'm just going to let it sit for a few days. Maybe the weight of the engine will compress the mounts.:dunno:

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

Well after all this, the dowel pins do not line up on either side!! I lifted up on one side, then the other and still nothing. I'm just going to let it sit for a few days. Maybe the weight of the engine will compress the mounts.:dunno:

I assume you tried them on each side? How far "off" are the holes and pins? Go have a stiff drink and re-evaluate. Maybe whoever you ordered them from sent mounts for a 1974 Ford Pinto.............:crazy2: Don't wait for a few days as it will drive you crazy!!

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you tried them on each side? How far "off" are the holes and pins? Go have a stiff drink and re-evaluate. Maybe whoever you ordered them from sent mounts for a 1974 Ford Pinto.............:crazy2: Don't wait for a few days as it will drive you crazy!!

The pin is half way off on both sides. These are the real deal Woodhouse mounts. As far as driving, intake is at BBG this week so can't drive anyway.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pick a side and set the dowel in place. Snug the nut so the set dowel can not pop out, but don't tighten yet. This is so you have a bit of play.

Put the nut on the mount that has the dowel out of place. Put the nut on five threads. Use a large pry bar and pry off one of the flat surfaces of the nut and the frame. Pull (very) hard in the directon needed to set the dowel and get ready for a big bang.

Alan Patterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with the passenger side on my Gen 3... Once it was unbolted from the frame and engine, I couldn't get the engine mount out due to space constraints. I ended up separating the rubber portion from its bracket while it was disconnected but lodged in the tiny space available. The mount then came out in 2 pieces. I reversed the process to install the new mount.

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, these Woodhouse mounts ROCK!!:headbang: The car feels so solid and shifting is smooth!! I took car out today for a long drive going through the gears and they are dead on now. Highly recommended mod.:2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang