Gen4 Window reg.install tips?

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm trying to fit the new driver side window regulator back inside the door hole.
Any tips on getting it in without breaking the drive tubing.? The plastic rail tubing broke removing the old unit. Which end goes in first ect. My factory service repair CD just says "remove it".

UPDATE: I got it in without too much bending.
First I installed the front door track (near the door hinge side) through the door hole.... then squeezed the track through the top of the door where the window travels. That gave room to install the motor and rear track through the door hole.

Last edited:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knock on wood, I haven't had to do this repair yet. Is it possible to make the hole in the door larger? I certainly wouldn't mind cutting it larger if possible, it is behind the door panel, isn't it?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just my opinion - but from what I've seen, strengthening the joints may only marginally help as most of the breaks that I have seen are in the middle of the tube. I've wondered if it helps or hurts the integrity of the tube by keeping that plastic holder tab in place in the middle of the tube.

Agree that squeezing the track up through window/door opening minimizes the stress on the tube when installing.

Last reminder to anyone that reads these posts - research and understand the proper way to remove the door panel as YOU WILL crack the flimsy plastic trim piece at the top of the door panel if you don't know what you're doing.