Generational Criticism

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recent threads of the various Viper owners have been great to read. We have professionals, blue collars, entrepreneurs, small business owners, and a fair number of celebrities that are members of this community. For whatever the reasons, as car enthusiasts, we are all attracted to the different generations of Vipers. Fortunately, over the last year, the number of insults, and the amount of generational criticism on this board has been dramatically reduced. At one point, it became so bad that I spent time trying to sell my 2003. I like the car more than my previous RT/10, and the number of fans only seemed to increase, but what I didn’t like was all the degrading comments from people who should have been supporting the nameplate. I, too, was previously guilty of the same crime. When Dodge first released pictures of the SRT coupe, I was a bigger fan of the concept coupe and was very critical; however, once these cars started shipping, I ended my criticism because I felt we lost our battle with Dodge, and to criticize the car now would be to also criticize its owners.

Since we seem to have a classy group associated with this hobby, let's try and show a little more loyalty and respect for our fellow members. Criticisms do nothing more than expose our own insecurity. People need to be inspired, not disparaged, so please keep going in the right direction in 2006.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never let the criticism bother me. I like the Third Generation best, others like different generations as is their perogative.

The only thing I have ever wondered about is why there are so many older generation Viper owners active on this SRT-10 forum. I don't mind, it just has always stricken me as odd.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I have ever wondered about is why there are so many older generation Viper owners active on this SRT-10 forum. I don't mind, it just has always stricken me as odd.

The reason I participate in this forum is because just like I said in my reply to this thread on the Gen 1 board, to me, a Viper is a Viper. I may drive a 96', but I'm just as interested in you Gen 3 guy's cars as I am my fellow Gen 1 and 2 owner's cars :cool:

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The reason I participate in this forum is because just like I said in my reply to this thread on the Gen 1 board, to me, a Viper is a Viper. I may drive a 96', but I'm just as interested in you Gen 3 guy's cars as I am my fellow Gen 1 and 2 owner's cars :cool:
I'm a gen 3 owner and as far as i'm concerned all viper owners are welcome on this forum! Your right a Viper is a Viper regardless of year :2tu:

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly the right perspective. The SRT 10 speaks for itself.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never let the criticism bother me. I like the Third Generation best, others like different generations as is their perogative.

Does that mean you're never in the gen1/2 forum? We'd love to see you there. :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's detonation you're hearing! :eek: ;)

I know I am new here but..... unlike your old 97. the 05 SRT's have knock sensors :eek: ;)
I know... I'm jealous. My gts has been "speaking" to me for weeks now. :D

Since you're new here, let's set you straight before you add to the chaos... The Gen2's are not "old" they are "classics". Just like the SRT's are not "ugly", the proper term is, "photos don't do them justice." :p :nana:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's detonation you're hearing! :eek: ;)

I know I am new here but..... unlike your old 97. the 05 SRT's have knock sensors :eek: ;)
I know... I'm jealous. My gts has been "speaking" to me for weeks now. :D

Since you're new here, let's set you straight before you add to the chaos... The Gen2's are not "old" they are "classics". Just like the SRT's are not "ugly", the proper term is, "photos don't do them justice." :p :nana:

HAHA. Love the terms

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my car were totaled I would first attempt rebuild,second buy a Zo6,third hold out for a glimpse of the 4th edition,5th look for a used 550 or 575 maranello,6th say F it and walk. GTS Bruce

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my car were totaled I would first attempt rebuild,second buy a Zo6,third hold out for a glimpse of the 4th edition,5th look for a used 550 or 575 maranello,6th say F it and walk. GTS Bruce

550/575 is on the top of my list. Thinking of a nice 550 Barchetta.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree 1000%. I love ALL vipers and wish that I could own one of each. :laugh:

Doc