GENI upper engine gaskets up in price again!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last price increase on GENI upper engine gasket set was in November 06 and it went to $1015! Now it's January 15th 07 and they just jumped 11% to $1125!! :curse:

Thank you DC! :buttkick:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some aftermarket mfgr. needs to step up here.
Cometic, are you listening?

Probably not a large enough market to warrant tooling up. How many Gen ones of those produced are still arround? how many of those still need the gaskets? and how many of those are driven and not just garage art?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should all agree to drive our Gen 1 cars as much as possible and wear the engine out. First one over 200,000 miles gets a free set.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like I got a deal a few years ago for $800 from Chuck. Glad I did mine before they went bad. If I waited it might be 5K in gaskets.

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you read the Cometic website, they say they will make a set of head gaskets for any car you wish. Since they have the basic setup for Viper already, seems they should be able to make a set of headgaskets way more affordable than current Dodge price. That is just stupid price.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At that price, if I still had my old Gen I, I would have been willing to use the old style headgaskets like these. That is getting beyond absurd :evilmad: I am curious, did cometic give a price per set for the head gaskets?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked them to quote last year and they would not. They are not interested in doing these. It actually is cheaper to use a copper gasket and have the head machined for a o-ring. That would make a better seal. Lots of places will do the copper gasket. To really do it right would be to also machine a grove in the block as well.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last price increase on GENI upper engine gasket set was in November 06 and it went to $1015! Now it's January 15th 07 and they just jumped 11% to $1125!! :curse:

Thank you DC! :buttkick:

DAMN! Chuck! Should I have you set mine aside now?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to highjack(but I will anyway) what is the price for an upper gasket set for a Gen2? Curiosity more than anything on my part.
I find it hard to believe that a set could actually cost that much. I bought a set a year ago for $750 and thought that was really expensive!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy Chuck replaced mine on warranty a while ago...

I'm not happy, since I'll do the heads in the near future....

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to highjack(but I will anyway) what is the price for an upper gasket set for a Gen2? Curiosity more than anything on my part.
I find it hard to believe that a set could actually cost that much. I bought a set a year ago for $750 and thought that was really expensive!

GENII upper engine gasket set #4882950AG MSRP $455.00

GENIII upper engine gasket set #5086534AD MSRP $259.00

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte