GenIII vs. Lambo/Exotics

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a question for the uneducated. Can you take a viper and set a 25-30K buget to lighten it, increase HP, lower it/increase handling characteristics, and bottom line make it now comparable to the "ELITE". All of those cars are 3-5 times the cost of a viper.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a blower in it, a good tune and motons for about $20,000 and see ya...

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You don't have to do anything like that. It is just a hair slower than the 430 and Murcielago as is. Now if you are talking about the Ultra Exotics...Zonda, Enzo, even the S7 Saleen.....you would need to open up the wallet a little more. But nowhere near 25-30k is required for that either. Do you mean straight line performance...road course...? The Viper is a helluva package as is, doesn't take much to best most of all the supercars in the world, in any kind of racing comparison. Very difficult to mod any of the Supercars....I know from experience. Costly and time consuming. The Viper rules for easy and relatively inexpensive mods....well, except for the FGT.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Absolutely!

It will be a matter of opinion if people think it will be "better" than exotics.

It would be like saying with Mustangs..can you make it faster than a Viper and be in the same class...some will say yes and others say no matter what you do to it..it will be a mustang.

But me being just a car nut...I think the Vipers are actually better built than a lot of exotics out there as far as mechanical reliability wise hands down the viper is stronger and more reliable. With an Exotic, you get the something you don't see a lot of and resource for it is expensive and not readily availble.

I think the Viper is one heck of a deal to get major power out of it and also have the looks to back it up. But it will always fall back on the age old arguement of what it is at the end of the day. Vipers rule in my book!

On a side note on my Lamborghini Diablo...there are lot of things that Lamborghini did that you kind of scratch your head and ask "why?". But then I am always looking for an excuse to throw the trash out so I can walk through the garage to look at it..It's just cool to look at. Some times it's not all about power. One of these days I will get an Ferrari f-40...my all time favorite cars..along with the 512TR. I will keep what I have and add it to my collection...Just like the guy on here that has all those vipers and that huge log cabin house! he's da man! I love his set up! The more I dig into my Lambo the more I like the feeling of being independant.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper rules for easy and relatively inexpensive mods....well, except for the FGT.

But when you take your FGT in for service, do you get a FGT Tech or the same guy that works on the F150?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper rules for easy and relatively inexpensive mods....well, except for the FGT.

But when you take your FGT in for service, do you get a FGT Tech or the same guy that works on the F150?

Well...I can only speak for myself. the Lead service supervisor does all the GT's. He also did all my mods...pulley, headers, cats off, tune. So I guess he is a GT tech. The GT tax is alot less than Viper tax...I will tell you that. :)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I've raced a Murcielago that had at least exhaust when I was bone stock to the filters, and he beat me by a couple of cars, and was still pulling at well over 100.

Also raced a Gallardo, 360 modena after my off road exhaust + intake (all i have) and I smoked them both by at least 3-3.5 cars from 30/40 to 3rd gear...

my 02 cents

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've raced a Murcielago that had at least exhaust when I was bone stock to the filters, and he beat me by a couple of cars, and was still pulling at well over 100.

Also raced a Gallardo, 360 modena after my off road exhaust + intake (all i have) and I smoked them both by at least 3-3.5 cars from 30/40 to 3rd gear...

my 02 cents
You shouldn't have a problem with the Gallardo or 360. The numbers of those cars are not as strong as the stock SRT. The new Murcielago is the LP640....it would be a problem for you stock to stock. The 640 is the HP of course.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nope, he must be a certified SVT mechanic. A step above the F150 guy. Thsi guy works on Cobra's and Lightnings all day. :D

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well...I can only speak for myself. the Lead service supervisor does all the GT's. He also did all my mods...pulley, headers, cats off, tune. So I guess he is a GT tech. The GT tax is alot less than Viper tax...I will tell you that. :)

I would say the mod tax is probably less on a GT because the engine is used in other models, but I would have to imagine the parts tax of FGT specific items would be much worse than a Viper. I would hate to see the repair bill if the aluminum space frame got any damage.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would say the mod tax is probably less on a GT because the engine is used in other models, but I would have to imagine the parts tax of FGT specific items would be much worse than a Viper. I would hate to see the repair bill if the aluminum space frame got any damage.

No other Ford items or aftermarket for performance purposes fit the aluminum 5.4 Liter S/C motor that is in the GT. It is a totally different set-up altogether. What I was referring to in my statement was the ease of doing things with that motor. It is rated to 1000RWHP with the stock set-up, including fuel delivery.In my case....headers, cat-delete, SCT Power tune, pulley, increased RWHP from 530 to 709...with nothing but bolt-ons. Total cost about $3500.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other Ford items or aftermarket for performance purposes fit the aluminum 5.4 Liter S/C motor that is in the GT. It is a totally different set-up altogether. What I was referring to in my statement was the ease of doing things with that motor. It is rated to 1000RWHP with the stock set-up, including fuel delivery.In my case....headers, cat-delete, SCT Power tune, pulley, increased RWHP from 530 to 709...with nothing but bolt-ons. Total cost about $3500.

Woah...Damn near 200rwhp with just bolt ons....You cant beat that not even with a bat.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab, I totally agree with you on the above posts. Most people have no idea on how well the Viper is built. Zero. Nada. They jump in and ride. They have nothing to compare it to.

By the way, a lot of Ford GT dealerships are reluctant to work on the GT.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By the way, a lot of Ford GT dealerships are reluctant to work on the GT.

That is true. However..I remember in '92 and '93 trying to get my Viper serviced at a Dodge dealer...Most of you guys are lucky...you didn't go thru the "early years" with the Viper. Parts and service nightmares.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Just saw a Veyron this weekend pull up to the driveway of Hotel Sagamore, here in Miami beach.

Very nice, but most people walked by it and were mildly intrigued, but they had no idea what they were looking at. A ferrari, lambo costing 1/8 the price still catches more eyes...

The interior is gorgeous though.

it is funny, the guy that drove it pulls up to the hotel him and his gold digger, and in the escalade behind was his entourage of body guards, followed by another car with a camera crew, LOL...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456