Getting a GTS to Gen IV Power

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, it wasn't taken out of context but did feel it at least included me as to where it was directed. What was misunderstand in the meaning, is that I wanted the looks of the Gen2 body not intake. I have been playing with motors enough to know that area under the curve means more to my driving style than peak numbers on a peaky motor that only make the number for a few hundred RPM. Does anything need to be altered on the Gen2 block to adapt the Gen4 top end. I didn't mean to imply anything from my post and don't take anything as personally derogatory, my skin has become too thick to sweat too much anymore.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan, do you offer the package without installation?

Hello,

In general, I prefer to not offer this kit in that fashion. Upon special request I am sure I could put something together [at least for Gen-3 at this time], but overall offering it as such just has "logistical mess" written all over it. Shipping fragile, polished, large and heavy parts is not easy, and customers having some of the required equipment to do the job correctly is nearly unheard of.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anything need to be altered on the Gen2 block to adapt the Gen4 top end.

As far as the actual block itself goes, no, nothing should need to be changed. The routing of some heater core lines, fittings, adapters, bolt on brackets, etc- yes, but nothing permanent.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

In general, I prefer to not offer this kit in that fashion. Upon special request I am sure I could put something together [at least for Gen-3 at this time], but overall offering it as such just has "logistical mess" written all over it. Shipping fragile, polished, large and heavy parts is not easy, and customers having some of the required equipment to do the job correctly is nearly unheard of.

I'd be very interested in a customer-installed option early next year. Feel free to PM any info on special tooling required. I realize you're a busy shop and potential business isn't top priority, so I can always check back when the time comes.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be very interested in a customer-installed option early next year. Feel free to PM any info on special tooling required. I realize you're a busy shop and potential business isn't top priority, so I can always check back when the time comes.

If you can, e-mail me at [email protected] and state the following:

1. Package desired
2. Model year of your car
3. Package options you are interested in
4. Time frame you are interested in

This will help me keep track of this, and make it searchable in the future.

I also noticed that you are in Ohio, that may make things easier- that's not all that far away from here. I can also work with you on this in "sub assembly" form, where parts are assembled and completed in groups- makes things easier. It would also be possible to send your wiring harness here for editing, rather than trying to get you the tooling to do it yourself.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, has anyone tried his on the Gen2 yet? I have been looking at the Mopar kit since I can get the parts and install it myself. I would prefer one of your set ups but the geographic gap between us is an issue. I was leaning toward the Stykers but the stock Gen2 intake manifold seems to hold it back at least in a NA application. You look to have adapted all of the good with none of the bad of the Gen 4 motor.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan, has anyone tried his on the Gen2 yet? I have been looking at the Mopar kit since I can get the parts and install it myself. I would prefer one of your set ups but the geographic gap between us is an issue. I was leaning toward the Stykers but the stock Gen2 intake manifold seems to hold it back at least in a NA application. You look to have adapted all of the good with none of the bad of the Gen 4 motor.

At this point, no. I have a few people sitting on the fence who are interested but have yet to put $$$ down, but it stands there at this point.

Where is it that you are located?

There are other options as well. If it come down to it, we may be willing to help subsidize transport costs, or perhaps opt to transport the engine only in the case of this package development. The engine can be shipped both ways clear across the country for less than the whole car... one way. As long as you had a good dyno and could handle some of the smaller items such as exhaust/header, coolant lines, & catch can installation, it could be done that way. I would *prefer* to have the whole car, but if it comes down to getting it completed somehow with a serious customer, i would consider alternatives just to prove a point. 95% of the changes are on the engine itself.

Just FYI, we are currently not accepting any new cars until at least late spring. Engines we can accept, but not whole cars- need the space for a bunch of back-burner project completions that I need to get out of here this season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang