Gingerman Road Course - May 23rd!!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s kick the tires and light the fires!

This event is a road course event (our first of the season). It’s being held at one of our most visited courses, Gingerman Raceway. This is a great place to stretch the legs of your car. You can learn to drive your car at higher speeds at a safe venue. Instruction is available to all drivers.

Click here for a full write up of the day's events.

You can also visit the racing portion of our website for more details: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/pit/racing_eventinfo.html.

We ask that you please notify us if you are coming – ASAP please. Going to be a VERY fun day.

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never raced before and I am thinking of going to this one. First thing due you guys drive or trailer your cars and do you drive up together if so when do you leave?
Thanks John

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm trailering & leaving on Friday morning. It's gonna **** having to get up that early but it's only about two hour drive for me.

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I do every time. Actually you get there faster, because at 4:00am you have no cars on the road. Going down there the day before can be rough. I just leave my place at 3:30 and I get there in time.

Don't forget the time change.

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never raced before and I am thinking of going to this one. First thing due you guys drive or trailer your cars and do you drive up together if so when do you leave?
Thanks John

John, most people go up there the day before. It's a good idea given you can get a good nights sleep. As I mentioned above, I drive down there the day of, it's just less work and I get there in 2 hours.

About half of the peopletrailer, mostly because they want to carry tools and wheels with them. It's not far away at all, so driving your Viper down there isn't bad. If this was putnam I'd advise towing since it's a lot further. South Haven isn't terribly far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187