Gleason's CPE Twin Turbo Creampuff Dyno Graphs

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Superchargers are great but now we have other options!

I'll ask Castellano to pipe in when he has time today and explain the tuner language, I only do the driving.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Sorry the car is dirty after driving it home after 600 miles.

My favorite pic!

Creampuff record?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Superchargers are great but now we have other options!

I'll ask Castellano to pipe in when he has time today and explain the tuner language, I only do the driving.

Since this is a cereampuff/cast piston car, we made a very conservative timing map with rich air-fuel ratios and made 742 RWHP and 785 RWTQ at 10 PSI on 93 pump gas.

This graph is 10 PSI, + water-**** and a little more timing, you can see how the water-**** allows the extra safety margin of running a little more timing as evidenced by the slope of the HP curve continuing to rise past the crossover point @ 5252 RPM.

This is 14 PSI with water-**** with the same timing as the above graph.

We did not intend to run this much boost, but the wastegate duty cycle increment that had not produced any more boost adding 5% increments all of a sudden made 4 more PSI.

We did not even notice the boost as we were watching the air fuels for the run which were around 11.8:1.

We got a nice surprise when the #'s came up though.

The plugs looked great after this run and Jody drove this car 600 miles home at an average speed of about 120 MPH including stops!:headbang: :headbang: :drive: :omg:

Sorry the car is dirty after driving it home after 600 miles.

My favorite pic!

Creampuff record?

Keep in mind this car is completely stock motorwise. Valve covers have never been off the car!

Last edited:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, nice numbers!
that curve is sooo smooth:)
Very clean install Paolo, you are just getting better and better at them each time you do one!

Jody,
what kind of gas mileage did you get if you averaged 120mph!?
I just got back from a 1200mi. round trip and I averaged just under 20mpg but I kept it under 90 most of the time.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, nice numbers!
that curve is sooo smooth:)
Very clean install Paolo, you are just getting better and better at them each time you do one!

Jody,
what kind of gas mileage did you get if you averaged 120mph!?
I just got back from a 1200mi. round trip and I averaged just under 20mpg but I kept it under 90 most of the time.

Bottlefed, thank you!

Every time I do one I figure out a few more things!;)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that cast pistons tend to dissintegrate when you go over 650hp. :omg: Not that I claim to have any knowledge, but I thought anything over these numbers was no-no.:nono:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was under the impression that cast pistons tend to dissintegrate when you go over 650hp. :omg: Not that I claim to have any knowledge, but I thought anything over these numbers was no-no.:nono:

Only on a bad tune. Supra's get over 1,000rwhp on stock blocks. Nobody knows for sure what these "cream puffs" will take.

As for as the 650hp thing. That's not true at all.

Same is true for the stock fuel system. They used to say it wouldn't support over 550rwhp...again not true at all. According to the dyno I make 565rwhp....according to my MPH at the drag strip I make about 587rwhp. 100% stock fuel system.

They also used to say the stock ECU will not run a heads/cam car. Mine worked just fine :D

Last edited:

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just spoke with Paolo on the telephone about his twin turbo system. All I can say is that his twin turbo systems ROCK!!! :headbang: Plus you can't find a more friendly customer oriented builder/tuner!! :2tu:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paolo does rock. Paolo and I have know eachother for a long time. I'm glade to see all his hard work paying off. NOBODY works harder than Paolo.

jBud...GET YOUR BUCKET DONE....THAT'S AN ORDER!!! :D

JG01, you crazy MF...I like the way you drive.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paolo does rock. Paolo and I have know eachother for a long time. I'm glade to see all his hard work paying off. NOBODY works harder than Paolo.

jBud...GET YOUR BUCKET DONE....THAT'S AN ORDER!!! :D

JG01, you crazy MF...I like the way you drive.

I would love to get my car done sooner than later but I simply don't have a lot of spare time...however it is a priority for me and I am picking away at it whenever I get a chance. Usually evenings after I put my little girl to bed.

Maybe I should gather up a bunch of Viper buddies and fly you all up to Canada to help me finish it...yes?? no?? :eater: :D

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
WOW - looks awesome! Paolo, cant wait to see/hear your results with your TT Gen 3 system you're working on.

So, looking at the graphs, would shifting at 5200k - 5400k be the right time to shift?

Keep up the good work!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to get my car done sooner than later but I simply don't have a lot of spare time...however it is a priority for me and I am picking away at it whenever I get a chance. Usually evenings after I put my little girl to bed.

Maybe I should gather up a bunch of Viper buddies and fly you all up to Canada to help me finish it...yes?? no?? :eater: :D

I....sounds good eh. :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great numbers. I think we're all wondering what the longevity of that motor will be (assuming of course the car gets driven at those levels). Not that I would wish it on anyone (and I genuinely hope it doesn't happen), but if or when the motor eats itself, you should post in this thread so all the creampuff owners know the downside to pushing that high. I'm sure it won't be because of the kit or the tune, as it sounds like you really know your stuff Paolo, but the technology has its' limits.

OP
OP
J

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great numbers. I think we're all wondering what the longevity of that motor will be (assuming of course the car gets driven at those levels). Not that I would wish it on anyone (and I genuinely hope it doesn't happen), but if or when the motor eats itself, you should post in this thread so all the creampuff owners know the downside to pushing that high. I'm sure it won't be because of the kit or the tune, as it sounds like you really know your stuff Paolo, but the technology has its' limits.

I'll be sure and post the data as we go, so far 1,200 miles of hard driving and no issues and I mean HARD driving. I plan to do weekly leak downs, read the plugs, AEM logs, so I'll keep everyone up to speed. The car is boosted daily, not a queen by any means. I've learned a ton from Paolo and Donovan over the last few weeks about A/F, IAT, and where the pistons are safe. They also taught me how to read the plugs that will show the early warning s&s. It's actually fun monitoring the car and the best part of it is that you know you can run the car as hard as you want without worring about our wonderful pistons. If I can do it then anyone can do it. I'm just a regular guy who loves to hear the turbos spool and the excitng sounds of the BOV's, did I mention the power too?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be sure and post the data as we go, so far 1,200 miles of hard driving and no issues and I mean HARD driving. I plan to do weekly leak downs, read the plugs, AEM logs, so I'll keep everyone up to speed. The car is boosted daily, not a queen by any means. I've learned a ton from Paolo and Donovan over the last few weeks about A/F, IAT, and where the pistons are safe. They also taught me how to read the plugs that will show the early warning s&s. It's actually fun monitoring the car and the best part of it is that you know you can run the car as hard as you want without worring about our wonderful pistons. If I can do it then anyone can do it. I'm just a regular guy who loves to hear the turbos spool and the excitng sounds of the BOV's, did I mention the power too?

That's awesome. I wish you a long and fun-filled future with your new found power. I really look forward to periodic reports of the engine's condition! It would be great to discover that this kind of power is safely achievable with the cast pistons...it would be a somewhat paradigm shift in the current thinking, or so it seems.

OP
OP
J

JG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome. I wish you a long and fun-filled future with your new found power. I really look forward to periodic reports of the engine's condition! It would be great to discover that this kind of power is safely achievable with the cast pistons...it would be a somewhat paradigm shift in the current thinking, or so it seems.

Just a quick update on the cast TT creampuff after 2000 miles:

Cylinder compression is 170 on 1,3,2, and 4. 165 on 5,7,9,6,8, and 10.

Leak down is 7% on 1. 8% on 3, 5, and 7. 9% on all the rest. The numbers are still the same and the plug stripes look good.

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Leak down is 7% on 1. 8% on 3, 5, and 7. 9% on all the rest. The numbers are still the same and the plug stripes look good.

Awesome numbers:2tu: My turn mid December:headbang:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's good news, thanks for the follow up. I assume since you're in Mississippi you won't be storing it. Hope the healthy trend continues through the winter and on and on... :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider my ticket written!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTSjbud,

Just give me a funny green hat and some crazy pointed shoes and call me Santa's little help. But your girl may get a little pissed when Santa and I stuff the car under the tree :D

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTSjbud,

Just give me a funny green hat and some crazy pointed shoes and call me Santa's little help. But your girl may get a little pissed when Santa and I stuff the car under the tree :D

:lmao: I have a green hat and some goofy lookin' shoes...when shall I expect you? :D

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is a great reoprt and good news from Mr. " I think I could use 200 more RWHP about now...." Gleason! :headbang: :2tu: :rolaugh: :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang