GM accepts Dodge Viper challenge

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
total noob question...

but didn't Bob Lutz have a hand in designing the Viper?

Lutz is considered the father of the Viper.

Some Hissstory..... ;)

The men who made the Viper happen:(from left) designer Tom Gale, Carroll Shelby, engineer Francois Castaing, and Bob Lutz. Original Viper concept,1989 Detroit Auto Show.
You must be registered for see images

Bob Lutz and Team Viper unveiled the production-ready Viper at the 1992 Detroit Show.

Lutz with the Viper GTS coupe he drove to pace the 1996 Indianapolis 500.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with Lutz behind the helm the Z07/SS/Blue Devil will be a killer no doubt...The Vette has gotten progressively lighter and more powerful since he took over.....Team Viper/SRT will have to follow suit if they are to keep up or beat the next salvo from Lutz's cannon....Power/TQ is tha last thing the Viper needs...To remain competative or above the Blue Devil it will have to go on a Kristie Alley diet.....I think the Gen IV[new body style] will answer the Blue Devil and it will be closer to 3000 lbs....Maybe by then they can justify using the Comp Coupe aluminium chassis for better weight saving while maintaining strength...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe by then they can justify using the Comp Coupe aluminium chassis for better weight saving while maintaining strength...

The CC doesn't have an aluminum chassis.

Doh...I though I read that in a magazine....I stand corrected

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I truely hope the Vette Blue Baller comes out with 650hp. That will only force DC to redesign the next gen viper and beef it up even more to 700hp+ , while shedding some weight! :2tu:

Well that, or give up and discontinue the Viper. Creating a huge bump in collectability and resale value for all Vipers! :D

Exactly!

Bring it on, competition is good for everyone, and the Viper has only to gain from it :nana: Dodge needs a weight loss and this might push it.

it keeps going back to supply and demand, and Dodge has gotten smart enough to realize the buyers who CAN afford the hp are here in this community, AND are willing to shell it out

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4