Going on first trip in Viper (10 Hour) any suggestions?

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well taking my first trip in the Viper here in two weeks. Heading down to the Dragon/Gap to meet up with some friends. I know the the seat is going to tear me up. Need to find a pillow to sit on. Any other "suggestions" for anyone that has taken a long trip in there Viper?

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always bring a quart of oil, antifreeze 50/50, brake oil, and a set of tools. Want to have everything that I need so I can fix my car if something happens. What dates are you coming down? Did you know that the Dragon is closed right now?

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be coming down on the 17th & leaving either 21 or 22. Yea I knew it was closed, which ***** going to add 2 hours to my trip, trying to go around and get back on 28. Looks like the skyway is going to be my best bet. Use to taking the trip on a bike, so car will be alittle differnt, but think I'll be just as sore.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 hours!!!:omg: dude-- your gonna feel like fat man in a little coat. lol

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why would the seat tear you up? I have done many trans-con trips and prefer to drive in daylight hours only. year/model?

Take a can of fix-a-flat if not on runcraps.
take a can of octane booster in case you can't find premium fuel
if it's twisty roads driving gloves can take a lot of fatigue out of your hands.
Be sure all your pressures and fluids are good before you leave.
Sunglasses.

Have fun and be safe

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would the seat tear you up? I have done many trans-con trips and prefer to drive in daylight hours only. year/model?

Take a can of fix-a-flat if not on runcraps.
take a can of octane booster in case you can't find premium fuel
if it's twisty roads driving gloves can take a lot of fatigue out of your hands.
Be sure all your pressures and fluids are good before you leave.
Sunglasses.

Have fun and be safe

I don't have much of a butt. It's pretty boney. So most few hour round trip drives leave me pretty sore the next day. I defiantly know I was in the viper the day before.

I still have the run craps. Part of why I haven't changed them because I knew I had this trip coming up.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck. I am going to FL this saturday [stopping over in ATL] and back on the 21st. Do what Jon says and you should be good.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did some long trips like from LE MANS back HOME.
800 miles. One leg.
13 hours with stops.
I was dead (concentration!) but HAPPY. :D
No cushion/pillow needed :drive:

OPEN! No roof on!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
home to Le Mans also for me about 12 hours door to door with stops, in the RT packed with gear for x2, camping for a week, roof on :) fun trip not hanging about, good times :drive:

about the same on trips back and forth to Germany in the GTS speed keeps you alert :)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V1, AAA card, cell phone and maybe a few numbers of vca members along the way is all ya need.

I've done the NNJ to FL trip too many times to count. 10 hrs is no big deal at all.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A hot girl and fuel card helps...

I made it from Tampa to Phoenix doing consecutive 10, 12, then 14 hour days (2000ish miles). :drive: By hour 12 on day three I thought my leg was going to fall off. :dunno:

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove from Phoenix AZ to Pilot Mountain NC in three days 2100 miles. Now i have to go back to AZ in three days. I will be taking some ear plugs. But my car is kinda loud.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was going to say the samething about the air plugs,,,,, I drove from Ohio to Georgia straight and everytime I stopped i couldnt hear ****. Reminded me of being at a concert. Now mine is a rag top and it was cool so the top was up and i have a corsa cat-back without crossover but all cats.

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my lumbar back support (GREAT) from Relax Your Back! Couldn't drive without it. MY back needs the support and this is a top of the line model and matches our interior color almost perfect. You'll love it!!! Sandy G.

7-LITRE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V1, AAA card, cell phone and maybe a few numbers of vca members along the way is all ya need.

I've done the NNJ to FL trip too many times to count. 10 hrs is no big deal at all.

exactly! aside from being more fun, it shouldn't be much different than any other 10hr road trip. you're not in a Prius so you'll have enough gas stops to recharge your cheeks.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pass on the fix a flat, never worked for me but the "slime" does and works well.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just bought the new Passport one so going to test it out, Have AAA, Not a Vca Member so no numbers, but should have some from my motorcycle forum days.

I've drove staright though from Ohio to Florida many times, so it's really not the driveing. Plus I've done many trips on the bike with gas only stops. 13 straight hours on a bike your ready to get off.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A hot girl and fuel card helps...

I made it from Tampa to Phoenix doing consecutive 10, 12, then 14 hour days (2000ish miles). :drive: By hour 12 on day three I thought my leg was going to fall off. :dunno:

Yea I think not haveing cruise is going to kill my legs.

It's really going to be a 16 hour trip because the night/morning I LEAVE i'll have a 6 hour pre trip, but won't be in viper though. So will need alot of good music to keep me going.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
fix-a-flat is junk. It will clog up your tire valve. If your tire sensor is part of the valve it will ruin it. Get your self a plug kit. Get one with T handles makes it much easier to push into tire. extra small can of rubber cement. Those little tubes they give u dry out. They have small packs of extra cords. 12v portable air pump, needle nose plyers to pull the nail out, Razer blade to cut the extra cord after u plug it. Keep all that stuff in a zip lock bag. I dont even take the tire off the car. I have done this alot and after its plugged I have ran the tires till they were bald.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have all of the following:
Couple Hundred Bucks in Caysh
Credit Card
At least 6-10 cds
Your Radar Detector - preferably a Valentine One
Some Gum/Candy - i'd go with Trident orange and sprees
A couple bottles of water
Cell phone

Once you have all of this ready, simply open the door for your gorgeous female riding companion, unlatch the top, close the trunk, get behind the wheel and have a freakin' blast.

I actually find the viper to be one of the most comfortable sports cars to ride long distances in. Your **** should be fine, but if it gives you any issues, simply pull over and ask your gorgeous female riding companion for a little massage.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ride a bike but the viper seat is uncomfortable for long trips? Strange, IMO.

Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy!

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you see the post that the Tail of the Dragon is closed until July because of a rock slide. You might have to detour around but the good things is that most of the roads in that area are twisty.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you see the post that the Tail of the Dragon is closed until July because of a rock slide. You might have to detour around but the good things is that most of the roads in that area are twisty.

Yea I know. It ***** because it's going to add at least 2 hours to my trip. I'm going to have to take the Skyway late in the evening to get to where I'm staying now. I've rode and driven the Dragon enough that was only planning on driving though in on way there and way back. I'd supposely open on the N/c side now.

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my car in Montana, flew there and drove the car straight home to CA in less than 13 hours. Over 1200 Miles, only stopped for gas. This was first time I set in Viper, perioud. Just make yourself cofortable in the seat area :) and like suggested above check your fluids before you leave and have at the very least spare can of oil with you.

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove from Iowa to Ohio just a few weeks ago-when I bought mine. Just have fun and enjoy it. Drove cross country 2x (NJ to CA)-best experiences ever! Bring a camera, I've always seen something worth taking a shot of.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be picking up mine soon near Richmond, and driving it back up I95 to West Chester (outside Philadelphia). Can't wait!:drive:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32