Gone in 60 seconds!!!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Just finished watching Elenor take off...man, talk about motivating me to get out and drive it like I stole it! Too bad I 107 outside...first thing in the morning, I am tearing off to Dallas like I stole it! ;)

What movies make you want to just get off the couch and drive it right then and there???

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the fast and the fugly does, just because they try to make those cars LOOK fast for the movie and our cars COME fast.

BTW Elenor is sneaky petes ***** lol

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the original Gone In 60 Seconds, or the awful remake? Also check out the Junkman, which is the sequel to the original.

I like the original Vanishing Point a lot. Then of course there is Bullitt, Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry, Cannonball Runs, the Mad Max movies, Two Lane Blacktop, etc.

EDIT: Some more....
Death Race 2000
The Wraith
the final scene in Bad Boys (Shelby Cobra vs. 911)

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LeMans
Gumball Rally
But the best is
RENDEVOUS (sp) About 10 minutes of driving madness through Paris flat out in a Ferrari in real time....never get enough of that one!!

Cheers,

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of gone in 60 seconds my sister used to know the guy who bought the viper from the set of gone in 60 seconds or thats what he told her. :p

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing a viper in gone in 60 seconds.

And having 2x1967 mustangs myself...those action sequences with elenor (while most are fake) still are bada@@

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deadline Auto Theft by H.B. Halicki is awesome. That's where Eleanor originally came from as well as the original Gone in 60 seconds movie. BTW, the original Eleanor was a yellow MACH 1 Mustang, not that grey one seen in the newer movie.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some more recent ones would be Ronin with Robert DeNiero. Bad Boyz with Will Smith. Also there is an Anime named Initial D. Pure adrenaline rush. You will be going for a spin after watching it.

To this day the Knight Rider theme song has been known to cause sudden acceleration in forward and lateral motion when in my earshot. :smirk:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hell I enjoy my snake so much I can be watching Barney (he still on BTW?) and want to go drive her

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dukes of Hazzard,

Before you blast me, the roadrunner is the same color! and of course everyone thinks that my car is orange therefore it must be the "Dukes" car without the "01"and "flag"!!!

Actual movies -> probably smokey and the bandit..BUT now that you hear the terrible dubbing of fake engine sounds it has lost some of its appeal...It's best to hear the real sounds of power...from our own tailpipes!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[iquote]I don't remember seeing a viper in gone in 60 seconds.
Me neither. I guess the sis was the sucker (pun not intended).

I have seen that movie many times and I dont think there was a vipe rin it at all.

Agreed, no Viper in that movie.

[/QUOTE]

i havent seen the movie in a while but im pretty sure its on the list of cars that he has to get . but i didn't see a viper in an actual seen ( unless it was in there for a half of a second). i just called my sister and she said the guy that she new got the viper cheaper because he bought of the set of gone in 60 seconds. either my sister doesnt remember correctly or the guy was a liar or there really is a viper in the movie. sorry if i caused a lot ofconfused :p

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, your sister may be correct. If you watch carefully in the scene when Donny is in the DMV and they are doing a search for vehicle registrations, A blue/white GTS photo pops up on the screen for about 3 frames.

Nick

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deadline Auto Theft by H.B. Halicki is awesome. That's where Eleanor originally came from as well as the original Gone in 60 seconds movie. BTW, the original Eleanor was a yellow MACH 1 Mustang, not that grey one seen in the newer movie.

I disagree. Deadline Auto Theft is AWFUL. And here is why...
D.A.T. was made from clips from The Junkman and from Gone In 60 Seconds. All of the action is old stuff that they recycled. You should get the original Gone In 60 Seconds and The Junkman. You will see all of the scenes in D.A.T. and then some. D.A.T. is like a highlight reel.

However, on the D.A.T. disc, they have like 40 minutes of footage from Gone In 60 Seconds 2, which is simply amazing. It was the footage that was shot before Halicki died. He actually died while filming it, when a tractor trailer he was driving hit a wire or something like that.

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronin, hands down! Deniro must have had the time of his life making this movie. It's incredible especially in surround sound cranked up. I can watch it over and over again. My wife thinks I'm nuts but if you don't have a rush by the end of that seen you don't have a pulse!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, your sister may be correct. If you watch carefully in the scene when Donny is in the DMV and they are doing a search for vehicle registrations, A blue/white GTS photo pops up on the screen for about 3 frames.

Nick

the guys viper was a blue/white gts. hey maybe my sister was right :)

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about "The Italian Job"... I believe that's the name. With all the mini's driving all over the place in a chase scene.

But after all that, my all time favorite has to be Bullit.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep Bullit has a bad ass chase scene, and from when those cars were King!

The original movie Elenor was a Chip Foose build, and there's a company that now makes these 'updated' GT500E cars, and their even sanctioned by old Shelby himself with an official CSX #. There was a program some time back on TLC about the whole process.

Ronin has a bad ass chase scene too, even though it's not good old USA muscle, the scene rocks (especially the driver of the BMW :0)

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IEATVETS funny, they showed him working on the car on the program I saw on TLC channel.

Actually, a quick goole search shows this to be true (many hits actually, just google 'chip foose Eleanor'):

http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredvehicles/93719/

A quote from this article:

"Working from his renderings, Chip Foose designed a more muscular shape for this Mustang, with fender flares, a new hood and front fascia with PIAA driving lights, side skirts with exhaust tips, scoops, and a modified tail piece."

Here's another one:

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/173_0312_how_build_eleanor/index2.html

"Mann enlisted illustrator Steve Stanford to create the bold concept for Eleanor, and former Boyd Coddington designer Chip Foose was called in to turn the drawing into reality. Once the prototype pieces were completed and molds made, the project was turned over to Ray Claridge at Cinema Vehicle Services for construction."

There's even a picture of Chip working on the car.

Looks like my story is pretty accurate.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the best is
RENDEVOUS (sp) About 10 minutes of driving madness through Paris flat out in a Ferrari in real time....never get enough of that one!!

Cheers,

[/QUOTE]
Scott's RIGHT ON this RUN is the friggin craziest EVER!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected, thanx for setting me straight. You stated that it was a Chip Foose build when in reality, Unique Performance builds them. That is why I posted what I did. :D

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe I am the only one who has mentioned Vanishing Point. It has an awesome Challenger in it. However, more importantly, there is a naked blonde chick riding a motorcycle in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wesleyCrowbar