Good article in Speed!!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone else read the article in Speed magazine . Pins a SRt-10 against a Lotus elise on two courses at buttonwillow. "light verus Might".. Will try to scan the article in..

VTen555

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have the article....it was entertaining. Why are so many people amazed that an SRT handles so well?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've not even heard of Speed. I'd love to see the article.

Yes, folks are always surprised at the Viper's handling.

I was invited to a track event last Summer by my chiropracter, who is a member of the BMW/Audi club. I took him on a hot lap in my Viper. I wasn't expecting to give anyone rides, so I hadn't brought my 6-point belts for the passenger side. He was tossed around like a rag doll, and was amazed at how much cornering force and traction I could generate. I was cornering the car around so hard, he tweaked his neck, which I thought was kind of funny, considering his profession. Afterward, he told me he was sure his M3 would corner and handle better than the Viper, but after riding in the Viper, he realized it wasn't even close.

Kai

Guibo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the lap chart. Sorry, don't have the rest of the article online. Credit goes to Stan on the Lotus forum for this one.

http://cakili.image.pbase.com/image/35620406/original.jpg

Elise was on the Yokohama A048 rubber, as part of the optional sport package. The Lotus was rated higher, but R&T still seemed pretty impressed with the Viper. In braking too, where there was nothing between them.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting chart indeed, and it looks like the Viper won on both courses. Obviously a typo on the East Loop, as no car on the planet will do that course in 15.8 seconds - including the Elise. Of course that Elise is no slouch by a long shot, especially against a car that costs twice as much with twice the power. I will have to look for that magazine somewhere, and thanks for the heads up!

Here's the lap chart. Sorry, don't have the rest of the article online. Credit goes to Stan on the Lotus forum for this one.

http://cakili.image.pbase.com/image/35620406/original.jpg

Elise was on the Yokohama A048 rubber, as part of the optional sport package. The Lotus was rated higher, but R&T still seemed pretty impressed with the Viper. In braking too, where there was nothing between them.