good chicagoland or illinois dealers?

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as i posted about the 08 viper, due to costs, i might wind up with an 06 coupe next spring. if so, i will go s/c.
can anyone suggest a good chicagoland or il dealer? hopefully one who is mod friendly. i know ive seen some new s/c'd vipers offered new with warranty but they weernt local and i assumed the warranty was just for that dealership.
anyway, suggestions?
about what whp are u guys seeing with a s/c and maybe headers and exhaust? how abt headwork on top of that? any driveability issues? durability issues?
thanks

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like your talking to me directly :)

I have a 2006 Coupe, with Super Charger. I bought it from woodhouse, and they also installed the S/C. I have taken my car to Skokie Dodge, and they have as of yet, NOT complained about the S/C when I have them do warranty work. And they seem to be a decent group of guys, who respect/appeciate/love the viper.

Lemme know if you wanna check out my coupe sometime.

Jon

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sherman dodge is the one in skokie, mod friendly and my firends.

fields dodge is currently in northfield, mod friendly as well. parts former service mgr is tom b who is a real good guy.

as far as SC, if you are going to go that route, follow jons footsteps and order from woodhouse and have them do the install there.

imsa2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as dealers, Illinois or anywhere else, John Gastman at Roanoke Motor Company in Roanoke , Illinois can not be beat

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as dealers, Illinois or anywhere else, John Gastman at Roanoke Motor Company in Roanoke , Illinois can not be beat

lol, sure, if he will work on your car. He told me that if I didnt buy my slate coupe from him, he wouldnt work on it. Hopefully that was just special treatment guided towards me.

Jon

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Gastman at Roanoke Motor Company is highly recommended by everyone who buys from him. I've done a lot of business with him and race with him. He's a stand up guy, and there's never a need to negotiate. The dealership truly treats you well, and the competency of Dave (Viper Tech) is beyond compare. He's among the best in the nation. 12 years going to them and never a let down. They can deal with any bolt on and moderate mods. As for extensive work, I believe he's got partnerships in place he would steer you to.

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
jon,
thanks much...ill definately be in touch. ill be out of town this week but maybe after we can meet up? would love to see how the s/c affects driveability...i KNOW its fast. what does it dyno at the wheels if u know?

ive heard a lot abt woodhouse and that they install s/c'ers on new cars and warranty them. im just afraid if i buy from someone who isnt relatively local, if i have a drivetrain issue that no one local will honor the warranty.

ive also heard good things abt roanoke. dont know where its at or if they will sell a new car with mods and honor a warranty....

thanks guys. i will definately be buying a viper product by spring 07. it will be a coupe...:)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jon,
thanks much...ill definately be in touch. ill be out of town this week but maybe after we can meet up? would love to see how the s/c affects driveability...i KNOW its fast. what does it dyno at the wheels if u know?

ive heard a lot abt woodhouse and that they install s/c'ers on new cars and warranty them. im just afraid if i buy from someone who isnt relatively local, if i have a drivetrain issue that no one local will honor the warranty.

ive also heard good things abt roanoke. dont know where its at or if they will sell a new car with mods and honor a warranty....

thanks guys. i will definately be buying a viper product by spring 07. it will be a coupe...:)

I have stang dyno numbers for my car, all I can remember is it equated to 735 crank hp. Woodhouse dyno's all of the S/C cars, and verifies A/F ratio, its included in the price.

If you have questions about particular situations, call Woodhouse and talk to Mark Jorgenson, and see what he has to say.

Yeah, give me a shout, I'll let ya take a look at the car. Hurry up before the weather makes it a garage queen. Chicago winters are no place for a viper :(

Also driveability isnt affect ONE BIT....

unless....

YOU MASH THE GO PEDAL !! Then its like any other modified Viper, throttle modulation unless you like spinning tires..

It sure is nice how it acts completely stock, no cam surge, no loppy idle, no check engines lights, surging or decelleration issues, etc... I gotta say, while I STILL Hate paxton for blowing up my 1st Viper, the Gen 3 Kit seems to be much better.

Jon

imsa2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my experience at all from John . Car was bought private but Roanoke has always taken care of us. Even had his tech
Dave talk us through a problem one Saturday when they were closed

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Their is no other dealer in the United States that has ever made a car purchase nicer and easier than John from Roanoke Motors.
I have been buying cars since I was a kid and buying from John was the best experience I have ever had.
I live in the NY area and also in Florida and he is the only dealer I will buy a a Dodge/Chrysler product from.

Roanoke does business the old fashioned way.
HE KEEPS HIS WORD 100% and answers all the questions you will have. He helped me with 2 trade-ins and gave me an incredible deal on my new 06 Slate striped coupe.

All I can say is you should always call him first and he will make you 100% happy.

Chrysler/Dodge is very lucky to have him as an owner

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not as "lucky" as they are to have Woodhouse. Woodhouse is one of the top volume DCX dealers in the country. They sell 350+ new cars/trucks each month. They were the third largest for CY 2005.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their is no other dealer in the United States that has ever made a car purchase nicer and easier than John from Roanoke Motors.
I have been buying cars since I was a kid and buying from John was the best experience I have ever had.
I live in the NY area and also in Florida and he is the only dealer I will buy a a Dodge/Chrysler product from.

Roanoke does business the old fashioned way.
HE KEEPS HIS WORD 100% and answers all the questions you will have. He helped me with 2 trade-ins and gave me an incredible deal on my new 06 Slate striped coupe.

All I can say is you should always call him first and he will make you 100% happy.

I bet I got a better deal on that same car ;) and I'll replace John G. with Bill P. as I worked with them BOTH in an attempt to secure the car of my choice. Bill made it a complete breeze..

Good luck with who ever you chose, sounds like you have some good choices. :2tu:

Jon

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John is great to deal with and will go out of his way to help you out.
Bill P. and his reputation are equal, and both of these dealerships are GREAT assets to the VCA.

If you are around Chicago, take a drive out to Roanoke and check it out for yourself.

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys....ill check out the local dealers but buying new with the mods from woodhouse is very attractive to me.
i believe if u buy a new car from the dealer they HAVE to warranty it. my question is would the warranty be honored by other dealers.
jon, u mentioned u have had warranty work, but was it driveline related?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys....ill check out the local dealers but buying new with the mods from woodhouse is very attractive to me.
i believe if u buy a new car from the dealer they HAVE to warranty it. my question is would the warranty be honored by other dealers.
jon, u mentioned u have had warranty work, but was it driveline related?

Not yet, body control module, gas cap and weather stripping among the list. Once I explained it was installed at the dealership and I have the paperwork to prove it, they seemed very agreeable. I think I am going to be just fine. Plus I can have my friendly woodhouse rep contact the dealership and discuss if their is a conflict. Any major issue, and I'll have a woodhouse transport come pick up the car, and get it fixed :)

Jon

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
one last thing....
jon, if u wanted an extended warranty, assuming they cover the drivetrain, would they sell u one?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one last thing....
jon, if u wanted an extended warranty, assuming they cover the drivetrain, would they sell u one?

Already did, bought it all in 1 stop shot, extended warranty, s/c and brand new 2006 Coupe. Hell, even bought a set of new H wheels too. That was one hell of a purchase I did with Woodhouse, if only John G. hadnt been so shortsided to not compete price wise.

Jon

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i realize in a worst case scenario i can ship it back to woodhouse....

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thats what im gonna do....one shot stop.
s/c, motons, (i think the stock susp is a bit soft), STS, possibly headers and exhaust wrapped in heat shielding.
i think that would do it.
then i can look forward to gen 4
:)

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roof, have another drink..by the by, you said something about buying me lunch when youa re up this way. how about a round of goof too

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post! with my SC almost done and my extended warranty good through 2011 i'll need a mod friendly dealership to work on occasional stuff :)