Good deal B&W GTS?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's priced so high because of the low milage. I'm sure the new owner is a collector and the car wont see many miles, if any at all.

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess garage queens are ok. To each his own, but these babies are made to drive. You can keep them pretty nice and drive them too. 41,000 miles on mine.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price seems a bit low for a 1000mile car. Notice it's not his only one, red GTS in the background.

My guess is he bought the B&W on spec, drives the red one.
Maybe he should have done the opposite, at least he'd have had more fun!! (we all know B&Ws are the best!)

OP
OP
R

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sold the red 98 for 42K, It had 15K miles on it and was the driver out of the two.

Sad story to go with the cars... He was cutting an old oak tree down in his front yard that fell on him leaving him paralized from the waist down...

I missed the 98 by $500!!

Lake Murray Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sold the red 98 for 42K, It had 15K miles on it and was the driver out of the two.

Sad story to go with the cars... He was cutting an old oak tree down in his front yard that fell on him leaving him paralized from the waist down...

I missed the 98 by $500!!

My uncle bought the red one from him. I drove it a couple of weeks ago. It's the twin to the one I just bought....mileage and everything. Definitely a sad story :(

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have no problem paying 58 for that car with 1000 miles if I was in the market. Comes down to demand. clearly it was there. Wonder how many were bidding on it.

V

venms96

I watched this car on Ebay along with another nice 97 with 3700 miles on it that was selling the same time. 58k was a solid price, I think. The other 97 sold for 54,400 and it was a great car as well. 23 bids on that one, 15 bids on the 1k mileage car.
Both cars looked mint, I'm sure they were, and both new owners have to be happy with the price they paid.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF !

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really have a hard time understanding why someone would buy a car new, pay 65K or so or more back in '96 (guessing, not sure what sticker was plus taxes etc) hold it ten years taking care of it, protecting it and maintaining it to turn around and sell it for 10K less (or more) than they bought it for. Someone please explain this to me, I'm not getting it. I understand this particular seller was in a bad situation and this is a different case but you do see these cars all the time come up selling at an loss from original sales price. Do people just give up holding them as some kind of investment?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes along time to put them back together after you wreck them..... but the miles stay low!!!!!!!!

See he had to buy a '97 red GTS (see the pics) to drive while he fixed his 1st mistake. :)

I really have a hard time understanding why someone would buy a car new, pay 65K or so or more back in '96 (guessing, not sure what sticker was plus taxes etc) hold it ten years taking care of it, protecting it and maintaining it to turn around and sell it for 10K less (or more) than they bought it for. Someone please explain this to me, I'm not getting it. I understand this particular seller was in a bad situation and this is a different case but you do see these cars all the time come up selling at an loss from original sales price. Do people just give up holding them as some kind of investment?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of coarse I do not know anything about the car or if it was wrecked... I was just joking. However, why don't people check for the 2 VIN's on the frame before buying a viper? They are there for a reason.

If it'***** in the front and the front clip is replaced BINGO not the right VIN anymore.

Collectable Vipers in the future will have this matching....

Dash VIN
Door VIN decal
Motor VIN
transmission VIN
Front Frame VIN
Rear Frame VIN

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a customer of mine trying to sell his 97 B&W GTS with 30k miles on it for $47k if anyone is interested

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someday I will visit this magnificient country you guys live in and buy me such a B/W GTS (or a RT/10). Those prices are really a steal!!!!
Unfortunatly I don't have it lying around anywhere now.....

It's great to see that there are actually very original and mint Vipers around that sell for these prices (For me as a future buyer....)

Over here these cars are priced around € 92.000,- that is well over $ 100.000,- due to taxes and stuff.
At the moment one is for sale for € 69.000,- that is
$ 88.320,- !!! With 40k km's on it.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, last month I bought a CHERRY, 98 GTS on e bay. Still smells like leather. 14,000 miles from Santa Barbara. The car is so clean could eat from inner fenders. 41,000. Guys need to watch all for sale sites. There's alot of difference between sites on the prices.

OP
OP
R

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell us more about your car. color? etc....

Update your profile with a VIN to reflect you Viper owner status and not enthusiast.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, last month I bought a CHERRY, 98 GTS on e bay. Still smells like leather. 14,000 miles from Santa Barbara. The car is so clean could eat from inner fenders. 41,000. Guys need to watch all for sale sites. There's alot of difference between sites on the prices.

Big difference in prices of B/W coupes and Red.

OP
OP
R

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Big difference in prices of B/W coupes and Red."

That was what I was thinking....