Good Dodge dealership in Northern California, Bay Area for warranty work?

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Rapture,

Welcome to the club. I'm in Berkeley, where are you?

Anyway, I have strong opinions on this subject. Here goes:

Negherbon Dodge, Oakland - avoid like the plague. Absolutely horrid customer service, terrible technical skills, wouldn't know a Viper if it bit them on the...you know. I bought my Viper there and tried to have service done, but they're just no good. I went as far as talking to the owner (Mr A. Negherbon hisself) and didn't get either courtesy or a resolution.

Smith Dodge, El Cerrito - Friendly, but sloooooooooooowwwwwww. Last time I was there it took 75 minutes before I could even talk to a service writer. And I had an appointment! The previous visit I waited 45 minutes after my appointment time. I'll go to them with my Ram, but unlikely I'd take the Viper there either.

Stevens Creek Dodge, San Jose - Best of the dealerships I've tried, kinda far from Berkeley, but worth the drive. Qualified technicians, friendly, helpful, and completed work on time and fairly well. I'll take all my warantee work here in the future.

BUT, but, but, the absolute best Viper Mechanic in the Bay Area I've worked with is Ted May at Valaya Racing in San Jose. Valaya isn't a dealership, so he can't cover warantee work, but for absolutely anything you need fixed, adjusted, checked, tuned, or modified, TED MAY is EXCELLENT! Funny, efficient, and extremely knowledgeable, mostly works on Vipers, Ted is well known for his support of the Viper Club. His sidekick Steve is also excellent!

Good luck!

Cheers,
Nik

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Nik. I don't know anything about the dealers as my car is out of warranty, but I had Ted & Steve at Valaya work on my GTS and have been very pleased. They are honest and work very efficiently. I have watched Porsche mechanics work on my Porsches and they did not work as quickly or efficiently as these guys. He never seems to hesitate as he works because he always knows exactly what he is doing. Ted will be doing my 3.54 gears next week. He puts service above profit and is a pleasure to work with. If you need any non dealer work he is the guy to see. On any given day you will see 5 to 10 vipers come through or be worked on and modified.

Kevin

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Viper shop is only minutes away from Stevens Creek Dodge. We rely and recommend them for all warranty work on Vipers. Ben does a great, thorough job; I trusted him with my 2001 ACR.

Good luck.
-Wayne (LTHL VPR)