Good News

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife who found out a few months ago she had ****** cancer found out yesterday after her Pet Scan that it's no where else in her body. She had to have her right ****** removed but just the fact it went no where else means she'll be around to haunt me for alot of years to come. Eveyone have a drink on us tonight !!!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man thats good to hear.Continue cherishing her. God bless

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is GREAT NEWS! Now, take her out dinner and treat her like the princess she is, and make her smile:)

Robert

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, that is awesome news. That truly puts a smile on my face rudedawg. CHEERS!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife who found out a few months ago she had ****** cancer found out yesterday after her Pet Scan that it's no where else in her body. She had to have her right ****** removed but just the fact it went no where else means she'll be around to haunt me for alot of years to come. Eveyone have a drink on us tonight !!!

Saw "good news" and assumed the same. Then I read your words with some trepidation and realized just how good the news really was!

Surely puts things in proper perspective when I consider the possibility of the same circumstance with my own family!

Thrilled that you'll be haunted for the long haul! ;) :2tu:

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news indeed!
God has blessed you both so, be grateful and take time to enjoy your time together.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very glad to hear!

Something does not seem right with the whole situation if you ask me. The "C" word seems to be popping up EVERYWHERE these days, and they don't "seem" to be doing much about it on the surface. However, if you do some digging, there have been some MAJOR breakthroughs, especially in the area of immunotherapy, which literally looks like it could be the hands down cure, but quite expensive as it needs to be tailored to each person individually. But, as successful as these seem to be, it is still taking TEN YEARS+ to get human trials, and even then you barely hear about it? What the hell? Shouldn't these breakthroughs be pulled through the FDA so fast your head would spin, and wouldn't people on a last ditch effort be lining up to try them, especially considering immunotherapy has next to zero side effects?

It really makes you wonder if this is all coming down to money and industry. If you look at the disease in simple terms, it is not much more than a failure of your own immune system to kill off damaged cells. It is that simple. It seems logical that the answer would be to boost your own immune system, or help your immune system identify the cancer cells so it can do its job. Makes sense, right? Well... that's what immunotherapy is. But instead, they go the route of pumping you full of chemicals that kill your immune system along with the cancer cells [Hopefully!], some of the chemicals themselves have been shown to cause cancer, and then they wonder why it isn't nearly effective enough? I personally believe they have been looking in the wrong direction for a long time, there is serious money in that industry to the point of being scary, and our own systematic "sissyfication" of our immune systems today is largely to blame.

Regardless of all of that, you two are very lucky, and I think we should all have a drink tonight on hoping that the "C" word ceases to exist sooner than later!

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news. It must have been very frightening for both of you for awhile before you got the "all clear".

As for Viper Specialty's post. I wish cancer was that simple. It isn't. It is many different diseases and the immune system is an incredibly complex piece. Tweaking it may sound easy in principal but it is not easy in practice. You can't just put a hand held computer on your body and upload a fix. The substance or substances used to create the fix can be toxic and even cause death. Success with monoclonal antibodies has not been overwhelming and has had limited application and success.

For local cancers that have not migrated - apparently like your wife's - the surgical route with some prophylactic subsequnet treatement like radiation and/or some mild chemotherapy to make sure that there is no microscopic disease left, based on my reading, seems to be in vogue. But I am not a physician.

ViperStaring

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news! That is mightily good fortune. May we all get to drive our wives' in our sports cars for many more years to come.

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I am a cancer survivor myself and the Viper my wife and I own was purchased in celebration of my third year of survival. We joyously share in your celebration. Our prayers are with you for continued renewal.

Dale & Christine

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! With the reconstructive abilities of todays plastic surgeons, the "aftermath" of a partial or bi-lateral mastectomy is greatly reduced. Beating the cancer and getting on with the haunting is what it's all about now.

Whew!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala