Good Tire change shop around Conroe?

Discussion in 'Texas: Houston' started by shooter_t1, Aug 1, 2012.

1. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Has Left the Room!

Anybody know of a good tire shop around the Conroe/Woodlands area?. I just bought some new Sport Cups and need a place I can trust to replace the OEM PS 2's on my car. I had a place, but it is now a 2 hr drive round trip. Andy, Mike..ya'll are close. Who do you use.?

Thanks,
    Robert

2. 345s-bspinnin

345s-bspinnin Viper Owner

I had my run flats about 3 years ago up in your side of town. I was recommended the Houston Area Discount Tire training center. This training center looks just like any other large discount tire shop, but main instructors work there. Needless to say, they have the "modern" machine with all the arms that can do job safely (for them and the wheels). I don't recall the exact location, but it was close to 1960 and 45.

3. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Viper Owner

Discount Tire in Shenandoah. If you pay lifetime balancing the first time they will only charge you $60 for disposal and remounting of new tires in the future. They don't mind drop offs and can have them done in about an hour. Make sure you tell them you need metal valve stems. The only problem I ever had was about a year ago they put rubber stems on with a set of Hossiers the only time I wasn't specific about the stems. 3 sets of forgelines, 3 sets of sidewinders, one set of six spokes and they have never scratched a single wheel.

I usually drop them off in my truck but they figured out pretty quick that we burn through tires and have more than one Viper.

4. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

And.... there is a Hooters across the street from them :)

Those guys have done a few sets for me too, never had a problem with them. I do my own now, but I only mount new tires on new wheels and try to avoid the dismounts. They have better machines at Discount.

5. shooter_t1

Thanks all. Discount Tire it is.:)

6. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

Maybe too late here but Tomball Dodge has a tire shop nearby they use and they have done several sets for me inc. special balancing and they do GREAT work. The wheels are taken off by the Viper tech and carried down to the shop. Your car stays put in the shop and never driven. I also have my tires directly sent to Tomball Dodge for install and its very convenient. My second choice is Shenandoah Discount. AVOID Discount in the Woodlands though just South of Rayford. Shoddy work.

7. shooter_t1

Thanks for the heads up on the Rayford loc. If i used Tomball it would take me 2 vehicles. 1 for the tires, and then my car. I threw my track wheels on, and took the 6 spokes and new tires to the Shenandoah store in my truck. Took about 1 1/2 hrs total.:)

8. TmanViper

TmanViper Viper Owner

I am looking for recommendation for a good tire shop around the south side of Houston (Webster, League City, or Texas City). Please, advise.

Thanks
    Tam