(Good) Viper Tech in/around Kansas City?

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have experience/recommendation with a dealership in the KC area?

Thanks

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are just North of you about 3-4 hours, depending on where you live in the KC area, and alot of the Viper owners in Missouri, Kansas, and Iowa bring their Snakes up to us. Give me or Mark Jorgensen a call at ---1-800-889-1893

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
Blair,Nebraska

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bill. I have heard great things about your shop. However, nearly 500 miles RT is a long way to go for a oil change, tune-up and general maintenance. I am in Overland Park, KS.

If I am ever in the market for a GTS you will hear from me however.

Thanks

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Davis Moore Dodge in Wichita has a trained Viper Tech. His name is Griff Guinn. He can be reached at 316-685-0211. He does the maintenance on my 02 FE GTS Coupe

Good Luck!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As to regular work, there are two places depending on which state you live in: For Kansas use Bud Brown Dodge on Metcalf & I-435. Phil Brown owns the dealership and is a Viper owner as well. They are the only one with a certified Viper tech in the area that I know of (his name is Mike and they call him "Mikey"). He is VERY good and takes good care of the cars while they are there, right down to wearing rubber gloves while he works on the car. They also provide a 10% discount for Viper Club members. In Missouri, many have used the new Jay Wolfe Dodge in Lee's Summit and have been happy with them. Avoid Sunflower Dodge like the plague - fellow Viper owners report SERIOUS problems there (joy rides, etc.).

As to aftermarket work, you will be surprised at this recommendation: Chuck Anderson Ford in Excelsior Springs. Yep, a Ford dealer that isn't very close to Overland Park. Now before you dismiss it, let me tell you the deal: Mike Anderson (owner) has owned several Vipers (current ride is a 2001 GTS) and knows them like nobody else in town. He has done more Viper work than all of the Dodge dealers here COMBINED. He usually has 2-5 Vipers in his shop at any given time. Custom exhausts, brakes, interiors and one of the best paint shops in town (they did some work on my SRT when I nudged the front fascia on a tall parking curb). Even better, they are an authorized dealer for Roe Racing, who makes some of the most extensive Viper parts in the business, including a supercharger kit. Mike's people have installed at least three of the superchargers that I know of. They can be reached at (816) 630-1700.

And finally, if you need major warranty work done (such as the 998/999 recall), then Woodhouse is your best bet for the area. A little long to drive, but worth it. And if it is for recall work, we have a deal worked out for VCA members in Kansas City. Be sure to drop me an e-mail and I can give you the latest. Good luck!

Chris