Got 3 tickets wthin ONE year...

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, guys I need some advice. As my luck would have it, I just received my 3rd ticket within a year. Under IL laws, I am reading that this could lead to suspension of drivers license. Now granted, the first ticket was in a different county (not sure if that makes any difference and was over few months ago).

Soooo, my question is do I get an attorney BEFORE I go to court (Du Page county for folks in Chicagoland)? I

Iam going to do my best to plea my case on this last ticket (running red light - but I was in the intersection when it was yellow). Your advice would be greatly appreciate it.

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, the first ticket was under court supervision. I am planning to get my driving record to see if i have three convictions

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is the advice you asked for

1) get a good lawyer that is in with the locals

2) slow down and drive the speed limit

#1 is sage advice.

#2 yea right!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gotten 2 speeding tickets within a half an hour! (not in the Viper though)

I have my lawyer on speed dial. I get a special bulk rate discount. :headbang:

My suggestion would be to consult a professional. (ie lawyer)

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would totally ****! I think cops really look hard at finding a way to give us tickets! I was trailering mine the other day and got pulled over for a supposed California stop, good thing it was my buddy who was driving,LOL.
With a 30 yr perfect driving record she let him go with a warning! The damn things get stopped even when their on trailers!!!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a few lawyers that are also states attorneys.
First of all you need to call the court house within 30 days of the court date and find out the Judge,then you need to find a lawyer that worked with his/her firm.That is the absolute best way to get a favorable deal or removal.
3 convictions anywhere in US screws you.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The system totally *****.Why can't you buy yourself out of
a ticket.They want and need the money.So make it a thousand or two.But the driving school [******] and getting treated like a drunk driver is [******],for over 40 posted limit!
A strange mystery how the car manufacturers are making cars faster and faster yet the laws keep slowing us down.

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOFST - great advice! Just found out, I may only have 1 conviction. First one was court supervision and third one may be dropped if the other party doesn't show up to court.

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recieve a yellow invite to the policemans ball for a stinkin 15 over .i joked with the hispanic officer in elkgove village and told him how can i go to a viper party and tell all i got a ticket for 15 over .i axed his hispanicness if i could go back to the corner and put my foot the viper so i could get a manly man ticket like 30 over. HE axed me iffin i was a drankin.told him i never drink and drive might hit a bump and spill it .NEEDLESS TO SAY I GOT THE BIG YELLOW ............GET A GOOD DUPAGE COURT HOUSE RODENT THEIR ALL OVER THE PLACE. THIS WAY YOU CAN PUT YOUR FOOT IN THAT VIPER @$$

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recieve a yellow invite to the policemans ball for a stinkin 15 over .i joked with the hispanic officer in elkgove village and told him how can i go to a viper party and tell all i got a ticket for 15 over .i axed his hispanicness if i could go back to the corner and put my foot the viper so i could get a manly man ticket like 30 over. HE axed me iffin i was a drankin.told him i never drink and drive might hit a bump and spill it .NEEDLESS TO SAY I GOT THE BIG YELLOW ............GET A GOOD DUPAGE COURT HOUSE RODENT THEIR ALL OVER THE PLACE. THIS WAY YOU CAN PUT YOUR FOOT IN THAT VIPER @$$

Que??? In (coherent) English please.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've surpassed the fun quota according to the fun killers.

Perhaps one day there will be a law against geeks rising to important positions in society.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc