Got a Fricking Ticket yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So it got a little nice here in michigan yesterday so i decided ill go get the viper out, well 9:30 in the morning im heading to work to get a customers car finsihed up for delivery on monday. So i make a left hand turn on a road from a 3 way stop, of course i get on it but dont really spin the tires or get on it too long because there is a car a little ways in front of me (never broke the speed limit). So im cruising along doing the speed limit and i swerve to miss a puddle, i just barely cross the center line then i did it 2 more times jsut for kick. There wasnt any cars coming my way the car in front of me was 1/8 mile ahead of me so no one was in danger at all. So i come up to the light and i look in my rear view mirror and sure as **** theres a cop there. So im thinkin ok i dont believe i really have done anything wrong for him to pull me over. Well make a right from the light and then hte ligths came on. So cop comes up to the car ask for all the stuff aand ask if i was drunk, at 9:30 on sat morning. I said no! "Well from the way you were swerving it looked like it" I told him i was swerving to miss a a mud puddle. so he goes back to his car and starts writing a ticket and im jsut sitting there thinking ***. so he comes back and give me a ticket for careless driving. I was pissed but kept my cool with him. SO he says i dont care if you have a $5000 or $50000 dollar car you dont swerve to miss puddles. then he continues and trys to play nice cop and say if you go to court and the judge lowers the charges i will agree with him. So then why would you waste your time writing me a ticket? Then he also put on the ticket that i went past the him at a high rate of speed, but he was parked next to the stop sign when i made the left at the beginning. So yeah it really ***** i beleive careless driving is 3 points and i dont know what the fine is.

So theres my ticket story. Yes it *****. Yes i know i probably shouldnt have crossed the center line, but i was not endangering anyone.

Keivn

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at it from his angle: You could have been drunk and driving erratically. He should have pulled you over. The whole ticket issue is subjective, but I think a cop is alot less likely to feel sorry for a guy who's car cost more than the cops annual salary.

Besides, for a couple hundred bucks a lawyer can make it go away.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I avoid water puddles too. Except here in Texas they evaporate with nuclear enthusiasm with our heat.

I try not to bash cops as there are some really good people in law enforcement, and some that drive Vipers.

But I would have to say that the traffic cop that wrote you that ticket should have his donut privileges taken for a month for being a dick.

And once I see the ticket being written I become a complete dick back. What do you have to lose at that point?

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If, you swerved to miss the puddle, that wouldn't have been a problem, it was the other two, just for kicks that did you in. And, for dave6666, take your donut comment and shove it up your a--! That's only a myth, cops don't eat donuts, the guy was doing his job.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And, for dave6666, take your donut comment and shove it up your a--! That's only a myth, cops don't eat donuts, the guy was doing his job.

Tell that to the proud winner of the World Cop Donut Eating Championship:
1950377.jpg

...it's OK, everyone loves donuts.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such hostility.

Have a donut.

:eater:

or a dozen....:rolaugh:

The cop didnt have to be a dick and lie, noting that he had passed him at a high rate of speed. I would sue the F out of the county for that. We have to draw the line somewhere, these a**holes get away with ****** (look at drew peterson) and we are supposed to just take it. Purgery is against the law......unless you are a cop, I guess.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it to court!!! Don't know what your roads are like, but around here(Grand Rapids) there are more potholes than road. Tell the magistrate you were avoiding what you thought was a pothole.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If, you swerved to miss the puddle, that wouldn't have been a problem, it was the other two, just for kicks that did you in. And, for dave6666, take your donut comment and shove it up your a--! That's only a myth, cops don't eat donuts, the guy was doing his job.

Not to sound like I'm telling someone else how to do his job or to sound like a know-it-all, but reading his story it sounds like the cop giving him the ticket was showing some really unneccesary but mostly jealous behaviour?
I wouldn't call that doing his job, I would call that harassing someone whilst misusing his profession for that purpose:

"SO he says i dont care if you have a $5000 or $50000 dollar car you dont swerve to miss puddles. then he continues and trys to play nice cop and say if you go to court and the judge lowers the charges i will agree with him. So then why would you waste your time writing me a ticket? Then he also put on the ticket that i went past the him at a high rate of speed, but he was parked next to the stop sign when i made the left at the beginning. So yeah it really ***** i beleive careless driving is 3 points and i dont know what the fine is."

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's only a myth, cops don't eat donuts, the guy was doing his job.

lying is his job???? Wow, you sound scary making a comment like that. its nice to know that you are an authority fugure on our countries' law enforcements diet. no wonder you are so worked up, i didnt realize that police departments had their own cafeteria, and it was your job to make sure that they eat healthy.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fight it! I have a name of a good lawyer. I've used him many times. Recently as 2 weeks ago...

It was a money generating ticket. He sees that you have a nice car and can afford to supplement his department budget. Tickets are not for law enforcement anymore it's for generating revenue.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fight it! I have a name of a good lawyer. I've used him many times. Recently as 2 weeks ago...

It was a money generating ticket. He sees that you have a nice car and can afford to supplement his department budget. Tickets are not for law enforcement anymore it's for generating revenue.

+1... my sentiments exactly.

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or a dozen....:rolaugh:

The cop didnt have to be a dick and lie, noting that he had passed him at a high rate of speed. I would sue the F out of the county for that. We have to draw the line somewhere, these a**holes get away with ****** (look at drew peterson) and we are supposed to just take it. Purgery is against the law......unless you are a cop, I guess.

Your one-sided mentality shows through, your only reading a disgruntled version from someone that got a ticket, whose to say that the cop is the only one lying here? There are two sides to every story.

OP
OP
R

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes i believe that this ticket came out of jelousy and it was a "money maker" ticket. he was a young cop maybe 29ish. HTe best part was he was on his cell phone driving rihgt before he pulled me over, lol.

I am definitly fighting this. Im not to worried about payin the fine im more worried about getting the points. I have a perfect driving record other than a ticket i got 6 years ago for going 5 over.

OP
OP
R

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your one-sided mentality shows through, your only reading a disgruntled version from someone that got a ticket, whose to say that the cop is the only one lying here? There are two sides to every story.

The way i stated the story is the way it happen, or i would have just let it go knowing that i had really done something to recieve a ticket.

There were some other different words the cop said that dont really matter. Just him mostly sayin that was some stupid **** to do and him tryin to show authority.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In NJ there is a difference between
Reckless Driving = points
Careless Driving = just a ticket to pay, but do have to show to court

find out more details about the ticket. the problem would be the high rate of speed that he said you were going, which isn't possbile because GenII brakes stink...lol

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at it from his angle: You could have been drunk and driving erratically. He should have pulled you over. The whole ticket issue is subjective, but I think a cop is alot less likely to feel sorry for a guy who's car cost more than the cops annual salary.

Besides, for a couple hundred bucks a lawyer can make it go away.

+1^^ your gonna pay something either way so use the attorney and skip the points.
And btw, SLOW DOWN MAN, no more 5 mph bursts and drive straight your a menace to us all.

V

venms96

**** it up - think about and remember all the stuff you got away with in your Viper or some other car.......pay the price every so many years, most people are always on the "I got away with it" side of things anyway - and cut the 5.0 some slack. Your story sounds legit, not too fluffed up, I believe you.....

.....but you also said you "did it two more times just for kicks", why do you have a problem thinking you didn't deserve some sort of ticket, no matter what type of ticket it was. If you have a problem with the type of ticket, take a hearing and take your chances. You don't need a lawyer, go in there and speak for yourself, just like you did here.

Doing it two more times for kicks was stupid, you know it. You didn't get away with it, this time.........why start with the bashing ?

my unpopular .02 cents and I don't care.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, MI potholes. Don't forget his dashcam-unless that'd work against you.

..Not a lot of sympathy here for some reason, just for going around some puddles.

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get lawyer, Go too kangaroo court, Shake hands with judge. leave the building happy. NO POINTS........ I guess that Cop doesnt know what HYDRO PLANING MEANS.. I say VERY jealous police officer.... I got pulled over doing 130 or better and the state trooper told me I,d do the same if I had this car. But today I got job to do.. But my luck was with me. He put me at 10 mph over the speed limit. Told the mr state trooper Thankyou and have a nice day.. shook his hand and off we went.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the ticket. That cop was just looking for someone to ticket, and i like how he randomly slapped 'speeding' on the end just because it was a viper. If you were going 110 in a 45 (like i probably would be) thats one thing, but all you did was steer away from a puddle..lol. Definatly take this to court, chances are he wont show up and everything will be dropped.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand... You get careless driving for dodging puddles and paying attention to the road... and if you would've spun out DUE to the puddles you would've gotten the same ticket, but then 99% of regular people drive subconsciously because they're too busy: on the phone, radio, talking to passenger, thinking, texting, reading, make-up, etc...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, right. The cops around here must just eaten too many carrots, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, right. The cops around here must just eaten too many carrots, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:omg:vegan cops?? never heard of that before. well, actually, the closest that I heard to that was in Savannah, Ga. Last summer some police department was trying to "change" the perception of their PD after they had the fattest cops in the country. So they adopted a campaign to stop eating donuts and start eating healthier......he stated that they couldnt run after and catch perps. I think he was somewhat embarrassed about it.
kind of funny......you know these stereotypes...they are supposed to be based on a little bit of truth. Believe me I have seen plenty of officers "protecting" the local dunkin' donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte