Got a fuel leak, need advise

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed a puddle under the Viper, I initally thought it was oil due to my tan epoxy floors but as it turns out it is fuel leaking, there is a steel braided fuel line as you can see in the picture which goes into a metal coupler of some sort, then coming out of the metal coupler there is a black plastic piece which seals over the hard fuel line. I have fuel pouring out from inside this black plastic piece pictured, I've never worked with lines like these so I'm not really sure how it all comes apart and what I should order to fix it, please advise. Is this a common problem, I think I should press in the black plastic piece, by doing this it should release the hard line.. does that sound right? Maybe I need to pull the hard line out and reinsert it?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Adam

Adam

You must be registered for see images

Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a quick disconnect fitting. Make sure you check to make sure it did not come off or get kinked. Move it around a little to make sure it is connected properly. You might need to replace the part that is connected to the back of the intake manifold if the gasket inside it is failed.

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check to see if what might have gotten kinked? Its a hard line what could be kinked in there? Its not leaking at the back of the intake manifold, its leaking at the end of the line where you see that black plastic piece that is going around the hard fuel line, I think what your trying to say is I should try to disconnect the hardline from the quick disconnect, then reconnect it? Then if it still doesn't seal I need to pull the entire line out which I'm assuming the other end to this line leads up behind my Roe Supercharger somewhere, then replace the entire line? DOes that sound right?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replace it immediately, do not mess around in this area. A car(s) did catch fire up north and I'd hate to see it happen to you. Replacements can be purchased @ Advanced or Autozone. If you can't find one, I have 1 or 2 in stock, Adam.

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok thanks Larry, I'll see if Tom can swing by since he is right down the street from you, I'm out in Oviedo so it's a little drive for me.

Thanks

Adam