Got cussed out in the viper today lol

Viper rolls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haters and people who are jealous - ignoring them is tough but they have some serious problems if they confront you over nothing. I try to keep that in mind when people are jerks - really difficult not to loose my temper sometimes but they are the ones with the life that ***** so bad they have to confront someone just because they have a great car. Unfortunately it just goes with Viper ownership. Lots of good vibes come back though, more than enough to offset the bad IMO.

I'd probably look to get the guys license plate number if at all possible and call the police. Leave it to them to give him a visit. More than likely this isn't his only time doing something and maybe he has a history with the law anyway. Could really ruin his day.

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One reason im so mad at my self is for not being more tougher.. im not a very confrontential person, afterwards i had a bit of an anxiety.. so taking down his license plate and cussing the **** out of him didnt accour to me at the moment.

another reason was that he had his wife in the car and she was the closist one to me, she kept looking down wouldnt really make eye contact, i think she wanted to be there less then i did, anyway im 28 and both of them looked to be in there late 40s or early 50s. it would have been like cussing out my parents or getting into a fight with an older uncle of sorts. it was really weird.

but im diffenetly looking into self protection in the future just in case if someone does mean harm.

a few ideas i have are

high powered pellete handgun
a baseball bat (played baseball so i know how to swing it well)
tazor gun that shoots 10-15 feet
REAL gun..

havent decide yet.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be careful with tazers and guns...make sure you know how to use them, theyre licensed and legal. then get more training on the use of them.

yu dont pull out a gun unless you intend on using it IMO

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One reason im so mad at my self is for not being more tougher.. im not a very confrontential person, afterwards i had a bit of an anxiety.. so taking down his license plate and cussing the **** out of him didnt accour to me at the moment.

another reason was that he had his wife in the car and she was the closist one to me, she kept looking down wouldnt really make eye contact, i think she wanted to be there less then i did, anyway im 28 and both of them looked to be in there late 40s or early 50s. it would have been like cussing out my parents or getting into a fight with an older uncle of sorts. it was really weird.

but im diffenetly looking into self protection in the future just in case if someone does mean harm.

a few ideas i have are

REAL gun..

havent decide yet.

Get into a serious KARATE school near you, you'll get in great shape for the rest of your life, build self-esteem, and be ready to defend yourself with your bare hands and feet anywhere-anytime. You're only 28 now, so in another 28 years when you get to be my age...fear will not be part of your life anymore.

- Mot de Bienvenue

Take it from someone who's been there !

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep a can of this in my ATV for obvious reasons... You can drop someone like a rock in water at 30 feet with this... Maybe I should put the other can I have sitting in the garage in my Viper...

You must be registered for see images

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about the guns that actaully fire outwards.. that have like 10-15 feet range? like the one the security gaurd used on the runner at the baseball game about a few weeks back.

You have now moved up from a stun gun to a tazer. Best use of the tazer IMHO was either the "Don't taze me bro" dude or De Niro in Meet the Fockers.

If someone blocked me in my car with another car, you can damn well bet that I wouldn't just use harsh language to get him to move. I also am in Florida and have a permit to carry. Who knows what someone is prepared to do when they block you in your own car.

Ron

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get into a serious KARATE school near you, you'll get in great shape for the rest of your life, build self-esteem, and be ready to defend yourself with your bare hands and feet anywhere-anytime. You're only 28 now, so in another 28 years when you get to be my age...fear will not be part of your life anymore.
- Mot de Bienvenue

Take it from someone who's been there !

Great idea if you can actually GET OUT OF YOUR CAR. If someone blocks your door, all of the Karate in the world won't help you but Ruger might.

Ron

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't ever had to actually draw my gun (and hope I never do), but it has helped make sure some situations don't get out of control. I've seen issues going on where I needed to step in and help, but not sure if I might might escalate it by getting involved. Since I live in a state where you can open carry as well, I will quickly tuck my shirt between my body and the gun on my hip in an IWB holster. When I walk up to diffuse the situation or tell someone they need to leave, it's amazing how much better they quiet down and listen. Hell, they might think I'm an off duty cop or some kind of detective since I'm not in any type of uniform.
In this case it wouldn't have helped because you couldn't get out. I would have tried moving and getting out. If he moved with me, at that point I would feel threatened if he continued to block me and I probably would draw on him.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea if you can actually GET OUT OF YOUR CAR. If someone blocks your door, all of the Karate in the world won't help you but Ruger might.

Ron

I got a Vert, so I can jump out, make a back flip to land on the top of his car, smash his window and grab him by the throat and.....suddenly wake-up in bed from a bad dream.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a Vert, so I can jump out, make a back flip to land on the top of his car, smash his window and grab him by the throat and.....suddenly wake-up in bed from a bad dream.

:lmao:

Yeah, the vert guys could break out the Karate.Us poor guys in coupes would be left to our own resources.

Ron

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point... You can't even duck a punch coming through the window in a coupe... It's like being restrained in one of those roller coaster harnesses in there...:lmao: If you're blocked front and back you just become a stationary speed bag for the assailant... :slap:

:lmao:

Yeah, the vert guys could break out the Karate.Us poor guys in coupes would be left to our own resources.

Ron

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have tried moving and getting out. If he moved with me, at that point I would feel threatened if he continued to block me and I probably would draw on him.

Better hope the other guy doesn't have a weapon. Drawing a weapon while constrained in a vehicle is not a good idea.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might work where you're from but where I'm from, there would definitely be some bad consequences. By the way, I'm from New Orleans.....

You must have had your sarcasm meter turned off while reading. ;)

I have carried for years and only drawn my weapon once, and that was when being cornered between two houses by a pair of very angry German Shepherds while walking my dogs.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a few ideas i have are

REAL gun..

havent decide yet.

Don't worry about 'being tougher', you did the right thing. I carry a gun pretty much 100% of the time and as such, by necessity I am the most passive person you will ever meet. My freedom depends on it.

If you carry a gun and a shouting match escalates into a physical confrontation that escalates into a shooting, you're very likely going to prison for being a willing party in the altercation in the beginning. A gun is not a tool to end a fight, it's a tool to save you from an unprovoked threat to your life or well-being.

Getting into a shouting match with a stranger over something like a questionable right turn is kind of like Michael Jordan winning a free-throw contest against a 6 year old. He may 'win', but so what? Best thing to do is let the idiot burn himself out and smile inside knowing that he's generally an unhappy person and you're not.

I wouldn't goof around with a pellet gun, bat, etc. If you're going to carry a weapon, get trained, get a permit, and carry the real deal..then get more training, and then after that, train some more. If you beat a guy with a bat, you're probably going to get charged with assault. If you justifiably shoot someone in defense of your life or well being, you may need a shrink for awhile, but you'll still be a free man.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must have had your sarcasm meter turned off while reading. ;)

I have carried for years and only drawn my weapon once, and that was when being cornered between two houses by a pair of very angry German Shepherds while walking my dogs.

Purely sarcasm. :smirk: I understood that in the beginning. It's still unfortunate that 2 - 3 people a day are dying in my hometown due to gun violence.:(

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many 2 yr old adults running around. This 2 yr old probably beat his wife, the poor passenger, when they got home.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they back off after they saw your weapon?:)

LOL...Wise guy. ;) I was in my neighborhood, so I put my gun behind my back and in my best baritone voice encouraged the dogs to leave us alone....fortunately, they did. I never presented pointed, but it came out of the holster.

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purely sarcasm. :smirk: I understood that in the beginning. It's still unfortunate that 2 - 3 people a day are dying in my hometown due to gun violence.:(

What type of weapon should people use to kill one another? I wouldn't mind bean bags but that isn't too likely

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
This is why everyone needs a two-step and a water gun....and some roof tacks in the console to throw out under their tires before the squirting/banging/flashing gets underway. :)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow..why all tyhe talk about guns...theirs no "good" feeling when you point a loaded gun at someones flesh. It suddenly isnt so kool any more..pepper spray is more than enough for 99% of situations the average person will find them selves in

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow..why all tyhe talk about guns...theirs no "good" feeling when you point a loaded gun at someones flesh. It suddenly isnt so kool any more..pepper spray is more than enough for 99% of situations the average person will find them selves in

While I agree with you, everybody mitigates risk in a different way. I choose to use the most effective method possible. Pepper spraying a criminal with a gun is a great way to get shot. But we could go around and around about this because it's a moral debate, not a technical one.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
to cure the small penis jokes.

I wanted to get the license plate.

5MAL PN5

but my wife thought it was ridiculous. There are just a bunch of jerks out there. next time just write down the plate, a few days later me a call saying your at such & such a place and you just saw a car being stolen, give them the plate number from the **** and enjoy the rest of your day.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry about 'being tougher', you did the right thing. I carry a gun pretty much 100% of the time and as such, by necessity I am the most passive person you will ever meet. My freedom depends on it.

If you carry a gun and a shouting match escalates into a physical confrontation that escalates into a shooting, you're very likely going to prison for being a willing party in the altercation in the beginning. A gun is not a tool to end a fight, it's a tool to save you from an unprovoked threat to your life or well-being.

Getting into a shouting match with a stranger over something like a questionable right turn is kind of like Michael Jordan winning a free-throw contest against a 6 year old. He may 'win', but so what? Best thing to do is let the idiot burn himself out and smile inside knowing that he's generally an unhappy person and you're not.

I wouldn't goof around with a pellet gun, bat, etc. If you're going to carry a weapon, get trained, get a permit, and carry the real deal..then get more training, and then after that, train some more. If you beat a guy with a bat, you're probably going to get charged with assault. If you justifiably shoot someone in defense of your life or well being, you may need a shrink for awhile, but you'll still be a free man.

+1 on all counts.
If you draw a weapon, be prepared to use it. Meaning, are you going to kill someone over this argument? Really? And if you are prepared to use force, make sure it is the last escalation for either of you. In other words, you taze him, he gets HIS gun, and you are f'd.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on all counts.
If you draw a weapon, be prepared to use it. Meaning, are you going to kill someone over this argument? Really? And if you are prepared to use force, make sure it is the last escalation for either of you. In other words, you taze him, he gets HIS gun, and you are f'd.

Right!
There's an old Japanese proverb that says :
When the fight is over, war is beginning.

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It'd be great to have a little squirt gun filled with brake fluid. Spray the punks car and drive off. By the time they get home their paint is trashed.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if that guy was behind you or busted a illegal u-turn to catch up to you ?
And for the gun thing, Its a sobering anti ball swelling pill for me. Nothing makes me walk away or ignore an idiot spitting slander better than carrying a gun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21