Got in an accident..your estimate on damage by photos

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking at your car, I'd say it's between 15K and 25K to repair. Just as everyone states, the hidden damage is what is costly. I got into a "minor" fender bender and crushed a quarter panel. Only to find out I needed a new panel, trunk lid, trunk tub, frame straightened, hood and doors repaired. After all was done, the car was stripped to the frame, the frame straightened and the car repainted and clear coated. 6 months and $25,400 of Geico's time and money later she ran and looked better than new. Too bad my annual premium was $400.00 and I only had been insured by them for only 4 months. Ouch.

Yes, nothing is cheap on the Viper nor is it quick to repair. BTW, this was a '93 Viper which by the time all was said and done had gotten a frame up restoration from Collector's Choice (aka) SnakeOyle Products and today runs/tracks better than new.

Good Luck!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will be suprised at the cost. My '97 was put into a wall by a valet service at a well known five star hotel in Phoenix. There appeared to be minimal damage to the nose and passenger side of the bumper but the frame was bent and 26,000 dollars later(paid of course by the hotel) I had the car back. I bet that you have a minimum of 25,000 dollars in damage. Sorry. Bob

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brannon,

I had front end damage on my Viper this summer and had Archer Motorsports in Ft. Worth pick it up here in Albuquerque for repair. Got it back about two months later and thought (except for bad headlight/fascia/hood alignment) that was it. So I took it here locally to a very reputable body shop in town and the nightmare started. It seems that the front end had some kinks in it and the worst part was that the front clip had a crack near where it welds to the main frame section. A check on the frame machine revealed that the front clip was off by as much as 10-12 mm. The specs for the front are 1-2 mm and 3-4 mm for the remainder the frame. Bobby Archer has been unreachable on this matter and, of course, has not returned any of my calls. Bottmline is to make the car right, I had to purchase a front clip from D-C (through Parts Rack) for about $3300 (brand new) and have it properly welded to the car. That was back in October when I purchased the front clip.

Two months later, I finally got the car back and she is right on the money again. The front frame is within 0-1 mm and the remainder of the frame is is 2-3 mm. The front end was welded correctly, rust proofed, and painted. Total cost, including the front clip, to re-do what Archer f**ked up was about $10,000. And this was with a super discount since I'm friends with the shop manager. But this doesn't include the $25,000 that Archer charged me. I figure he at least owes me $7-10K. So although Bobby is one helluva racer and knows how to prepare racecars for the track, he doesn't have a clue on restoring a car back to street condition. My advice is to stay away from him. At this point, I'm compiling all the documentation including statements from the mechanics (who will serve as expert witnessess) here in town before I proceed. In other words, I'm getting my ducks in line.

I won't post all the sordid details here but you can PM if you want more info.

OP
OP
B

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I read some took as much as 2 months or more to get the car back :shocked:
I really wasn't expecting it to take that long. This is depressing. The shop got the car Tuesday afternoon. I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear what the estimate will be.