Got it - Love it!

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I picked up my red SRT at Roanoke yesterday, I trailered it home and slipped it in the garage without really driving it.

I went out for a drive today and I have to say that I like it better than my 00 RT/10 in almost every way!

John Gastman did a superb job prepping the car, every body seam was straight and the paint is better than I remember it being on my RT. I love the true convertible top, it's tight and easy to raise and lower. I don't have the latch rattle as far as I can tell, and if the car has the mirror dents, they are not noticable. Although I initially thought the throttle was a bit soft with too much of the opening too far into the travel, after driving a few miles, I find that it is really fairly progressive and makes it easier to feather the throttle coming out of a corner than on my RT. I haven't yet gone to full throttle, of course, but at part throttle I can find none of the "bog" others are talking about.

I do see where the seats could be a bit lower, so I may look into a seat lowering kit if one becomes available. I also may look into installing a lighter smaller racing seat as it does seem as though a thinner seat & back padding might make a little more room in the cockpit. Although I already have the MGW short shift lever/knob, it's really not bad as it comes from the factory, the linkage is really quite precise and up and double clutch downshifts are clean and even.

Sorry for rambling on, but it's new, you know. I can hardly wait for the first Illinois VCA autocross next week to get a better feel for the handling.

Oh, by the way, you new srt owners might want to double check the factory alignment. Roanoke checked and adjusted mine as I wanted a bit more negative camber that the factory specs, and we found the rear right settings from the factory were way off spec, only -.19 degrees. That would have made for some nasty left turns!!

For those of you still waiting for your SRT, keep the faith, it really is a great car!

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTRICK,

Many thanks for sharing and congratulations. I am anxiously waiting for my 04 - ARGH @#$% the waiting feel so long but this kind of sharing makes the wait less painful

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't be much longer for the 04's. Production should start in July-August timeframe with deliveries VERY shortly after that....won't be the same fiasco as the 03's! The bad thing may be that it'll be a free market Viper again. All those stealerships will be able to get'em and hold them for ransom. I won't mind the Woodhouse wait.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is exactly why teamed up with Bill P. from Woodhouse 3 years ago (can you imagine to wait 3 years - just for your Viper). Since then (being introduced to Bill P) I have bought all my cars through Bill P. - WHAT A SALES EXPERIENCE !!!.

BILL IS THE KING OF ALL CAR SALES MEN !!!

Yeah, go, go, go BILL P and WOODHOUSE

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The '04s are not that far away. I am getting the second SRT 10 Woodhouse gets in. I cannot wait. Thanks Bill P!
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96