Got my Team Tech harnesses from JonB, great experience!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
JonB made sure I got what I wanted, including all the color choices for the various tabs, straps, etc. He also made sure I had eye bolts for the install. (I didn't even know I needed them!)

Very straight shooter, and got me the stuff FAST!

I would do business with him again, definitely.

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic,

Jon B is a straight shooter. I like that. It seems he somehow p*sses off the Zaino Freaks once in awhile :confused:
I put in the Simpsons in my CC on the passenger side to match the Driver side and a week later ripped them both out and put in the TT's on each side. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the ones on the RT. I had a question on the installation and he did a conference call with TT and I was on my way.
Not happy with the Simpsons---> I never could get them adjusted just right.
So, are you going to be using those new TT's at Willow Springs OCT 8th and pick up another second or 2?

Joe B--Really ***** @ willow Springs, Show me the Line Vic!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, you both made my day. Many thanks for the purchases and the kind words.

We now have a VIDEO that goes with our SRT-10 harnesses..... easier to install since seats can stay in, but TRICKY to find frame-mount anchors.

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Vic,

Jon B is a straight shooter. I like that. It seems he somehow p*sses off the Zaino Freaks once in awhile :confused:
I put in the Simpsons in my CC on the passenger side to match the Driver side and a week later ripped them both out and put in the TT's on each side. Maybe I'm just spoiled with the ones on the RT. I had a question on the installation and he did a conference call with TT and I was on my way.
Not happy with the Simpsons---> I never could get them adjusted just right.
So, are you going to be using those new TT's at Willow Springs OCT 8th and pick up another second or 2?

Joe B--Really ***** @ willow Springs, Show me the Line Vic!

I've heard a few people say the Team Techs are kinda "stuffy", with the sternum and pelvic pads. But if you ever were in an accident like I was in my daily driver, you know how hard your body is thrust forward. My shoulder belt snapped, and my face hit the windshield. My factory belts made deep bruises accross my chest and waist, (before snapping). Then on top of that, I got a steering wheel shaped bruise, and a broken nose, to boot. So, although the Team Tech padding may seem "stuffy" to some sensitive people, I think its a great idea. Its there to help absorb the incredible impact forces your body can experience in an accident.

I've been away for a while, so I'll just see if I can get back in the swing of flinging the car around at high speeds. Maybe nice tight belts will help me "feel" the car's movements. If you come down to the blue group on the 8th, I'll follow you for a while! Just put a block of wood under your gas pedal, to make it fair. :D

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How easy is the install in a GTS?

"Nothing's hard, but nothing's easy" Ever hear that one? Just kidding though, its not "hard" so much, just tedious.

Here is a suggestion to make the install go faster-
1. After you take the seats out, do your layout for the belt slots right on the center and side bulkhead trim pieces. This is an easier way to work on them, because they are securely screwed to the car, and won't move around on you.
2. It may be possible to do the cutting while the trim pieces are still in the car. This has the advantage of reducing the possibility of mis-alignment of the outboard slots, where they bridge between the center and side trim pieces. Since they are already in their factory offset position, you can cut the slots as they sit, and the finished product will look very neat. It also gives you a lot of support for the cutting process. After you cut the slots, you can just remove the trim pieces, and proceed with the instructions.

When I did mine, I wasn't sure what the factory vertical offset was between the center and side pieces, so I guessed at it a little, and got it off a tad. While I later trimmed it up better, I still wished that I had started the layout with the pieces as the factory had installed them in the car, cause it would have been faster, and netted a neater end result.

Also, Don't do like I did, and think the slots need to be the 5/16ths minimum. No one is going to look back there, and if you make them 1/2" wide, it won't hurt none, and they will be easier to adjust.

This may also help prevent the straps from chaffing on the slots. Chaffing can reduce the rated tensile strength of the webbing. For safety, I would rather err on the side of caution, make the slots wider, and not even risk chaffing the webbing. (But only a guy who hit the windshield after his shoulder belt snapped probably would worry about that.) :eek:

OP
OP
Vic

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yo Vic. I didn't know thet belts that big?? HA HA

Barry

Yes, Barry, "thet belts that big"!

hardee har har, wiseacre! :D