Got one Friday

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to trade my 00 for an 01 (for the ABS). I was really interested an ACR. If there would have been a red one, I would have done it. There were only 3 in the whole country, and didn't want to chance rough treatment by another dealer. Got it from Woodhouse, natch.

What was really interesting was the vehicle delivery. A man and his wife pulled the covered trailer into my driveway, and worked as a team -- her directing, him driving. They travel all over the country doing this. To move the car, he had to climb a ladder and crawl into the window of the Viper (sans shoes, belt, watch). Very nice and careful couple.

Spent the whole day Saturday covering the side sills, wheel wells, and mirrors with Utah Clearbra. I will cover the fascia and the front part of the hood in a week or so. If you haven't tried this stuff, it is great. No road rash for this car!

So far, I've noticed two changes from 00 to 01: the hood latching system is different and the front side sill cover is constructed differently -- can't believe they would change anything (other than ABS), but they did. Otherwise, the car seems about the same with absolutely NO rattles, squeeks, etc. The 00 had one or two very minor ones. Also, the brakes don't seem to squeel as much as the 00.

I am very pleased with my trading experience with Woodhouse. Bill P. is a great guy and was patient (he's a saint, you know --canonized and everything) with my frequent calls to him over the Viper's 2 day birthing experience.

I'm one happy camper. Thanks, Bill.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like the same guy who delivered mine in Feb.
it was cold out light snow and he chucked his shoes to get into the car and put her right in the garage from the truck..
I don't think a flake of snow got on the car.. super nice guy..
unbelievably careful!!!

woodchuck rules!!!!
I renamed the dealership!!!
laugh.gif

OP
OP
F

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank,
Woodhouse had two ACRs left as of Friday -- one Yellow and one Blue. I think the Yellow had stripes. Look at their web and see them. (I really wanted the ACR, but wife said Red was the only way.)

Bill is in a big mood to sell the ACRs. Give him a call. List is somewhere about $88K, but that ain't what you would pay. It would have cost me $10K more than the GTS. If you bought it outright (or trade), I'll know the price would be way down.

Gary,
Already got 200 miles on her. See you at the speedway in October.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank -

You should have come by my house on Wednesday! Had a brand new red ACR waiting for you, along with a 2002 Prowler...

You must be registered for see images

Oh well, maybe next time...

Chris

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They really are the best, I think the same couple did my Viper delivery a year ago. I just bought a Durango from Bill last month and had it delivered in the same way. Different delivery guy this time but just as nice and as careful, I continue to be amazed at the way these guys conduct business on a national scale. I shopped and shopped for a Durango on the east coast and thought I had a great deal until I called to ask Bill a couple of technical questions I knew as a Viper buyer he would help me with and he quickly (as always, with no pressure), came up with a better truck, equipment wise and beat the price. Two phone calls and two days later, Durango RT in driveway, These guys have the formula to be the biggest dealer in the U.S.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the same couple delivered my '94 back in '99. Nice, nice people. Through my dealing with Woodhouse...everybody has been super nice and took care of business the way it should be done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper