got the 08 saturday

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well i traded my black 06 for a black 08 on saturday. the difference between the two is unbelieveable. the first thing that i noticed was the pull of the torque at part throttle(and about that do these cars have to be broken in or are they ready to go?)gonna wait about 500 miles until full throttle, i cant wait. about 160 now.the ride is also alot smoother,and i noticed not so much heat inside the car. the trans shifts alot easier and the clutch is effortless like my z06. i got the two toned interior black/grey which looks alot nicer than the black that the 06 had. not to sound like an ass but the 06 is junk compared to the 08. i went 11.7 @ 126 in my z06 and this feels alot faster. what have you guys gone in the 1/4 mile in the 08?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats...mine is so comfortable it has pretty much become my daily driver except on rainy days

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good part of the '06 car was carried over into the '08 car. Referring to the '06 car as "junk" is not logical. Also, there are trade offs for some of the changes. The transmission is definitely better but it is also noisier. ( It states this in your owner's manual.) The engine produces 600 HP but is far more difficult and costly to modify beyond headers and filters. The PS2's are wonderful but there is no spare and they are not run flats. A kit comes with the car that can be used to service a normal flat.

I have a 2006 SRTC with an '08 transmission, driveshaft, differential and PS2's. It also has a competition coupe oil pan and swing arm pickup, corner balanced Moton/Eibach suspension, Corsa cat back exhaust, MGW performance shifting mechanism, Racelogic programmable launch and traction control, Woodhouse engine and transmission mounts and a Paxton supercharger. From my point of view, when I drove the stock '08 at Homestead Speedway, it was a nice family car. LOL.

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2006 SRTC with an '08 transmission, driveshaft, differential and PS2's. It also has a competition coupe oil pan and swing arm pickup, corner balanced Moton/Eibach suspension, Corsa cat back exhaust, MGW performance shifting mechanism, Racelogic programmable launch and traction control, Woodhouse engine and transmission mounts and a Paxton supercharger. From my point of view, when I drove the stock '08 at Homestead Speedway, it was a nice family car. LOL.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

How much did the 08 tranny cost and did it just bolt right up?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

How much did the 08 tranny cost and did it just bolt right up?

It requires a different yolk. I am using the '06 clutch and flywheel. I like the heavier clutch feel. As to cost, contact Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on your new 08 beast.drive her easy for the first 450-500 miles than after 500 do the first oil,filter change and start than pushing her.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to sound like an ass but the 06 is junk compared to the 08.

not to sound like an ass either. But I drove an 08' and own a 06'.

08' is a Great car, no doubt.. But I simply do not feel 100 horse diff. between a 06 and 08. In fact, in the lower end RPM range. My 06' feels stronger.. So, it might be junk. But I dont mind it too much.

Good luck with your new car...

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree the 06 at take off felt stronger but my 06 felt like it ran out of balls at 5000 rpm,where the 08 just wakes up and keeps going,08 is for sure the better viper but 06 is a great car also

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boosted: Congratulations on your purchase of the '08...in MY opinion, one cannot call ANY Viper 'junk'. We enjoy the '08's power pull in the higher rpms, better clutch, faster acceleration/throttle, PS2's (YESSS!), easier shifts than our '05...and we LOVED the '05...that was a STRONG car as well~! Enjoy...juli

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also had both however would not go so far as saying my 06 was junk.The 06 was a very nice car just not as refined as my 08 and yes no where near as fast (last month in 95 degree heat my 08 went 11.48 at 127 .In cooler weather i expect a

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also had both however would not go so far as saying my 06 was junk.The 06 was a very nice car just not as refined as my 08 and yes no where near as fast (last month in 95 degree heat my 08 went 11.48 at 127 .In cooler weather i expect a
10 second pass on the Pilots.

OP
OP
B

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok i will get some pics up, and by the way calling the 06 junk was just to say how much better the 08 is in my oppinion.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i will get some pics up, and by the way calling the 06 junk was just to say how much better the 08 is in my oppinion.

Would love to see your pics (my fave all-time is BLACK!) And, I DO think we know it was just a 'poor' choice of words~! ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960