"Great Brakes"!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Great Brakes\"!

I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know how enthusiatic I am about becoming a new advertiser on our VCA site. Please visit www.greatbrakes.com very soon.

Back in mid 1999, I started getting a little frustrated with the lack of brake pad options for my Viper, and their high cost. Because I ran my car on the track quite often, I was using them up on a regular basis, and my pad of preference was setting me back almost $400 a set. Not only that, but I really wanted something QUIET for street use, and hated cleaning my white wheels after every trip around the block.

In November of that year, I went to the SEMA convention in Vegas with the goal of finding a company who could give me something better for my $$$. I came back with three possibilities, but only one seemed interested in tackling the goals I was looking for. It's been 14 months of work, discussion, testing and decision making, but I'm pleased to announce that EBC Brakes of the UK has been the only one that delivered on everything they promised, and I've now become a dealer for their products..... determined to bring this product to the Viper Nation.

For the average Viper owner, I sincerely believe that EBC's Kevlar fiber "Greenstuff" pads are your dream answer to the two usual complaints of noisy brakes and having to become a full time detailer to keep your wheels clean. The third benefit is that they offer increased, what I call, "cold friction". They're extremely resposive all the way up to 1,000 degrees Farenheit. Yes, EBC also is making a "Redstuff" pad, designed for more serious track use, good in the range of 200-1,300 degrees.

Please understand though, that I'm not looking to compete in the Viper brake market for the most serious guys. I'll leave that to guys like Sean Roe, Dilusi, Stoptech, etc. However, for the average owner, who would like just to bag the noise, dust, AND have cold brakes they can COUNT on when some neanderthal pulls out in front of them, I sincerely believe EBC is the answer.

I convinced our local Texas Zaino distributor, Steve Pasztor, who's obsessed with keeping his car spotless, to give these pads a try. He was so pleased with their performance, he wanted to help me start selling EBC, just like Zaino. So, I let him become my partner. In fact, I have the hope that I can eventually reach enough owners, and get them on enough cars, that they will someday become the same, obvious choice to you for brake pads, as Zaino is for a polish.

Oh yea, one more little detail. Try $148 to do the whole car! $69 for the fronts and $79 for rears. I hope you will think about giving these pads a try...... if you ever get sick of the cleaning ritual, OR having to explain to all your friends why the brakes on your $70,000 car squeal!

While you're at our site, check out some of the other goodies. Our goal is to find and market products which may be of interest to a Viper owner, or other auto enthusiasts, at the BEST prices. Thanks,