Great deal on a 02 GTS on Ebay

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this 2002 GTS on ebay. He says in the ad that his reserve is only $50K! If this is legit then this is an awesome deal.

Ebay ad

I just baught a 2000 steel gray/silver stripes 2 days ago to replace my wrecked 02, otherwise I'd be all over this.

Bill

OP
OP

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The warrantee info seems a little strange. I didn't know DC offered this configuration.

Bill

OP
OP

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is the standard 7 year, 70,000 mile powertrain warranty DC started making standard in 02.

I was refering to the 6yr/36k mile basic. I thought the basic was 3yr/36k.

Bill

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think MSRP on stripe delete 02's was $76K, not $79K. Basic warranty is 3 yrs, not 6. Still, if the car is 1 owner, garage kept with no problems...looks like a good deal.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get it. No mods have been done but he doesn't mention it has been fitted with an auto tranny?? What's up with dat?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason all Vipers on ebay have automatic transmissions. It does not allow the seller to change that option.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill, great choice in colors! That makes three of us in S. Florida that I know of with that color combo, now lets see some pics!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed the guy as I liked it enough to maybe buy it but I am going to pass.

his response...

The car is spotless and has never had any damage or paint work. No dings, scratches or chips. The front under fascia has a few scratches, like every Viper that has ever been driven. The right rear whell has a tiny spot on the rim that was there when I bought the car from the dealership. I bought it brand new with 5,000 miles on it. I was the first to title the car and it has had 3000 miles put on it in the time I have owned it. (the auction is wrong, it states 6000 miles) ans I need to revise the auction.

I have had alot of interest in the car and I do owe 54,600 on the car so even at my buy it now I have to eat a little. I have had a dealership offer me $51,500 last night. I told him to make it $52,500 and he owns a Viper. He hasn't replied back to me yet.

The interior is spotless, the sills have no scratches, it is truley a very sharp car. It has never needed any service other that oil changes, which were always done at a Dodge Viper authorized dealership with a Viper qualified mechanic.

The tires have no cuts scratches or gouges, when I use tire wax they look brand new. The car has never been in gravel, never driven in the rain, and has never even sat in the sun for more than a trip to get ice cream or a hot dog at the local Sonic drive-in.

The radio sounds and looks just like it came with the car. The picture on the DVD is awesome, the TV tuner works very well and lies under the seat.

I have a $300 dollar Beverly Hills Car Cover for the Car, Lots of Viper Manuals and literature and two or three large Viper banners that I will include with the car.

It has never been raced, never seen a track and actually has NEVER been on the highway. I never wanted to have any road trash hit the car. It has only been used to cruise around town once and a while and I drove it to work a few months where it was always parked inside my warehouse.

Everything works perfect except one of the remotes needs a battery

Z06J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now it has 8,000 miles on it, but it is still perfect? That car has had 3,000 miles of NEVER doing anything.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>...brand new with 5,000 miles...<<<

:confused:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a dealer used it for his demo and let potential customers take it out and red line it every day. Those are 5000 hard miles.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Either he sold this to the dealer mentioned above or someone got to him privately as the auction was ended by the seller. For $52.5K, seems like a great deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte