Event: Car show and lunch
Place: Greenwich CT
Time: 9:30 AM

Greenwich Concours d ' Elegance

[SIZE=+1]A Festival of Speed and Style [/SIZE]

You must be registered for see images
GREENWICH CONCOURS d'ELEGANCE
FEATURING GREAT CLASSIC CARS, YACHTS, AND MOTORCYCLES

Greenwich is unique, in that it is actually two concours, back-to-back. Saturday's Concours Americana is exclusively for American makes, while Sunday's Concours International is exclusively for imported marques. This year, Founders and co-chairs Bruce and Genia Wennerstrom will include an extraordinary new attraction, a three-day regatta of classic former America's Cup 12-Meter yachts! Held in association with the 12-M Yacht Development Foundation, these magnificent craft will be competing for the Greenwich Concours Cup . Concours visitors will be able to view the yachts up close, and there will also be limited opportunities to sail on them. The cars exhibited include many of the pre-WWI brass-era, the grand classics of the late 1920s and '30s, and such storied marques as Rolls-Royce, Marmon, Pierce Arrow, Lagonda, Cord, Auburn, Packard, Alfa Romeo, and Maserati; and post-WWII cars with big fins, and outsized engines. There will be sports and competition cars exhibited each day, including two historic Indy 500 race cars, with a special circle of "Contemporary Supercars." Classic motorcycles will also be on display.

There are galleries of automotive art, a book alley, demonstrations, as well as displays of the very latest new cars such as Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, Lexus, Jaguar, Volvo, Mini, Land Rover, Smart, Tesla, Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, and Bugatti. There will even be some Soap Box race cars.

In addition, the Greenwich Concours will also be the site of a major auction by Bonhams of significant collectors' cars and automobilia from the collections of several prominent collectors.

Dates:
Saturday June 5th and Sunday June 6th, 2010 2010 Poster Car Show Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm each day.
Admission: $25 per day or $40 for both days; children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Bonhams Auction: Auction - Sunday June 6th
Automobilia: 10:00am
Motorcars: 12pm Location: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, Greenwich, CT Weather: The show goes on rain or shine as scheduled. Future Dates: Saturday June 4 and Sunday June 5, 2011
Saturday June 2 and Sunday June 3, 2012
[SIZE=-1]1965 Maserati 3500GT

Link to the website: Greenwich Concours d ' Elegance

Directions:
[/SIZE]
Location: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, 100 Arch Street, Greenwich, CT 06830
Directions: I-95 South to exit 3, Arch Street, left at bottom of exit ramp, get in right lane. Straight through traffic light. Site is on right immediately after light.
I-95 North to exit 3, Arch Street, right at bottom of exit ramp. Site is immediately on the right.
Metro North train to Greenwich Station, 2 blocks south to site. Parking: 1 Public parking lot.
2 Parking in street level of multi-story parking garage.
3-13 Public parking lots.

We have been advised by the Co-Chair to use parking lot #2

We will cruise here for lunch: Welcome to Seaside Johnnies - Oakland Beach - Rye, N.Y.

Directions to Seaside Johnnies
Our Address is 94 Dearborn Avenue Rye, New York
From the Bronx, Pelham, New Rochelle, Larchmont
Take 95 North ( The New England Thruway ) to Exit 19 which is the Rye Playland Exit. You will get on Playland Parkway to Forest Avenue which is just in front of Playland. At Forest Avenue you will make a Right and take that to Dearborn Avenue where you will make a Left into our parking lot.

From Connecticut
Take 95 South to Exit 19 which is the Rye Playland Exit. You will get on Playland Parkway to Forest Avenue which is just in front of Playland. At Forest Avenue you will make a Right and take that to Dearborn Avenue where you will make a Left into our parking lot.

From the other side of Westchester ( i.e. Dobbs Ferry ) and Northern Westchester ( i.e. Armonk )
Take 287 East to the New England Thruway ( 95 South ) to Exit 19 which is the Rye Playland Exit. You will get on Playland Parkway to Forest Avenue which run in front of Playland. At Forest Avenue you will make a Right and take that to Dearborn Avenue where you will make a Left into our parking lot.

Coming locally - a la Boston Post Road
Going North on Boston Post Road. Go to the light at Oakland Beach Avenue and make a Right - go straight until you can go no further at which point you will make a right and then the first Left and then enter our parking lot.

Going South on Boston Post Road. Go to Oakland Beach Avenue and make a Left hand turn - go straight until you can go no further at which point you will make a right and then the first Left and then enter our parking lot.

Confirmed So Far:

Jimmy + 1?
Adrian
Chazz + 1
Frank
Heskell + 1

Maybe:

Tony

Last edited:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve and mini ACR's will be joining you guys depending on the Little League playoff schedule

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Event: Car show and lunch
Place: Greenwich CT
Time: 9:30 AM

Greenwich Concours d ' Elegance

[SIZE=+1]A Festival of Speed and Style [/SIZE]

GREENWICH CONCOURS d'ELEGANCE
FEATURING GREAT CLASSIC CARS, YACHTS, AND MOTORCYCLES

Greenwich is unique, in that it is actually two concours, back-to-back. Saturday's Concours Americana is exclusively for American makes, while Sunday's Concours International is exclusively for imported marques. This year, Founders and co-chairs Bruce and Genia Wennerstrom will include an extraordinary new attraction, a three-day regatta of classic former America's Cup 12-Meter yachts! Held in association with the 12-M Yacht Development Foundation, these magnificent craft will be competing for the Greenwich Concours Cup . Concours visitors will be able to view the yachts up close, and there will also be limited opportunities to sail on them. The cars exhibited include many of the pre-WWI brass-era, the grand classics of the late 1920s and '30s, and such storied marques as Rolls-Royce, Marmon, Pierce Arrow, Lagonda, Cord, Auburn, Packard, Alfa Romeo, and Maserati; and post-WWII cars with big fins, and outsized engines. There will be sports and competition cars exhibited each day, including two historic Indy 500 race cars, with a special circle of "Contemporary Supercars." Classic motorcycles will also be on display.

There are galleries of automotive art, a book alley, demonstrations, as well as displays of the very latest new cars such as Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, Lexus, Jaguar, Volvo, Mini, Land Rover, Smart, Tesla, Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, and Bugatti. There will even be some Soap Box race cars.

In addition, the Greenwich Concours will also be the site of a major auction by Bonhams of significant collectors' cars and automobilia from the collections of several prominent collectors.

Dates:
Saturday June 5th and Sunday June 6th, 2010 2010 Poster Car Show Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm each day.
Admission: $25 per day or $40 for both days; children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Bonhams Auction: Auction - Sunday June 6th
Automobilia: 10:00am
Motorcars: 12pm Location: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, Greenwich, CT Weather: The show goes on rain or shine as scheduled. Future Dates: Saturday June 4 and Sunday June 5, 2011
Saturday June 2 and Sunday June 3, 2012
[SIZE=-1]1965 Maserati 3500GT

Link to the website: Greenwich Concours d ' Elegance

Directions:
[/SIZE]
Location: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, 100 Arch Street, Greenwich, CT 06830
Directions: I-95 South to exit 3, Arch Street, left at bottom of exit ramp, get in right lane. Straight through traffic light. Site is on right immediately after light.
I-95 North to exit 3, Arch Street, right at bottom of exit ramp. Site is immediately on the right.
Metro North train to Greenwich Station, 2 blocks south to site. Parking: 1 Public parking lot.
2 Parking in street level of multi-story parking garage.
3-13 Public parking lots.

We have been advised by the Co-Chair to use parking lot #2

We will cruise here for lunch: Welcome to Seaside Johnnies - Oakland Beach - Rye, N.Y.

Directions to Seaside Johnnies
Our Address is 94 Dearborn Avenue Rye, New York
From the Bronx, Pelham, New Rochelle, Larchmont
Take 95 North ( The New England Thruway ) to Exit 19 which is the Rye Playland Exit. You will get on Playland Parkway to Forest Avenue which is just in front of Playland. At Forest Avenue you will make a Right and take that to Dearborn Avenue where you will make a Left into our parking lot.

From Connecticut
Take 95 South to Exit 19 which is the Rye Playland Exit. You will get on Playland Parkway to Forest Avenue which is just in front of Playland. At Forest Avenue you will make a Right and take that to Dearborn Avenue where you will make a Left into our parking lot.

From the other side of Westchester ( i.e. Dobbs Ferry ) and Northern Westchester ( i.e. Armonk )
Take 287 East to the New England Thruway ( 95 South ) to Exit 19 which is the Rye Playland Exit. You will get on Playland Parkway to Forest Avenue which run in front of Playland. At Forest Avenue you will make a Right and take that to Dearborn Avenue where you will make a Left into our parking lot.

Coming locally - a la Boston Post Road
Going North on Boston Post Road. Go to the light at Oakland Beach Avenue and make a Right - go straight until you can go no further at which point you will make a right and then the first Left and then enter our parking lot.

Going South on Boston Post Road. Go to Oakland Beach Avenue and make a Left hand turn - go straight until you can go no further at which point you will make a right and then the first Left and then enter our parking lot.

Confirmed So Far:

Jimmy + 1?
Adrian
Chazz + 1
Frank
Heskell + 1

Maybe:

Tony
Steve + ?

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lot 2 is the floor level of the parking garage and best accessed by taking Arch St. to the light at the corner of Museum Dr. and Steamboat Rd., take a left at that light and as soon as you pass under I95 the garage entrance is on your left.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!

The weather isn't looking good for Saturday. :( It's a two day event, so Sunday will be the rain date. We'll see what the forecast looks like on Friday and go from there. :rolleyes: Keep an eye on here for more updates! On either day, we'll meet at 9:30 AM, enter the show at 10:00 AM, leave for lunch at Noon, arrive at lunch at 12:15 PM.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:
As of Friday morning, the forecast is better for Saturday then for Sunday, so we are sticking to the original Saturday as of now. Stay tuned! :eater:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still on for tomorrow. 50% chance of no rain, showers are supposed to start later in the day.

Confirmed So Far:

Jimmy
Chazz + 1
Frank
Heskell + 1

Maybe:

Tony

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last update: The hourly weather forecast is 50% chance of rain up to 9AM and then 29% for the rest of the day. Sunday's forecast is worse. So we are on for today, I'm still going :drive:. Who ever wants to brave the weather, see you there! We will be under a parking garage until we leave for lunch at noon.

Jimmy
Chazz + 1
Frank
Heskell + 1

Maybe:

Tony

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was considering going originally, but think I'll wait for a different event.

Enjoy!

Thanks!:2tu:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No rain on the radar, 29% chance of rain. I'm leaving soon. If anyone shows up at the car show, we'll do lunch after. If no one shows up for the show, lunch is canceled, I may go over there for a quick bite anyway. The sun is shining as I write this. Over and out......................:drive:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather was great yesterday, sunny, hot and humid. :) Not a drop of rain until 3PM, but only sprinkles. Heavy rain didn't arrive until 9PM, I was out in the Viper all day until the rain at night. Here is a slide show I made of the day, if anyone has problems with it, let me know, then I'll put the pictures up.

Picasa Web Albums - Jimmy

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a beautiful video, Jimmy, thanks! What a chance to see such rare, beautifully crafted cars.
What is the #450 green car, if you know? Were there descriptions of all the cars entered? VERY nice. Nice to see a show that's not just 'older' cars, but a nice mix. Well-Done!
~juli

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Juli. Not all the cars had descriptions and I don't know what the # 450 green car was, maybe one of the members will know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21