Gripper shifter for SRT

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool:
I have just purchased a gripper shifter from MGW for my 03 SRT. I have not installed it yet, and would appreciate any comments you may have.
I have a shortened stem shifter on one of my C5's. It is a tad more effort, but much more precise when shifting from 2nd to 3rd at the drag strip.
It is an improvement over the long stem GM shifter. My assumption is that this gripper shifter with a shorter stem would be a somewhat similar improvement in faster and more precise shifting.
How much more effort is there for street use?
Thanx

03 SRT Black
00 GTS Viper [sold]
02 ZO6 yellow
01 C5 convert
93 ZR1 anniv.
67 435 convert., yellow with black stinger

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely, positively, THE BEST!! I had the factory knob in my GTS for a few months and it was a pain. Long throws, missed shifts, just a general nuisance. Switched to the Gripper knob from MGW and it was night-and-day difference: Precise shifting with relative ease, much shorter throw, no more missed shifts, and just a great overall feel. I them switched to another MGW product, the First Strike knob. I liked it a little bit better than even the Gripper, as it had a form that just seemed to fit right to your hand. It was THE first upgrade I did to the SRT besides the mats:

You must be registered for see images

Very easy on and off - just make sure your gasket and trim ring line up the same way they came off, otherwise it can be like a puzzle if you aren't paying attention. You done good!

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire