Group buy on 70mm Throttle Bodies

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS is willing to offer a group buy on 70mm throttle bodies. Depending on how many are interested the price would obviously be lower the more people we have.

"I could do a group buy and offer them at very reasonable pricing brand new (unpolished). It depends on how many people out there are interested in the throttle bodies.

If the group buy interested 20 customers then I could offer 70mm Gen 2 throttle bodies for $350 a pair (unpolished).

15 customers interested then they would cost $375 brand new for the pair (unpolished)

If only 10 people were interested then they would cost $400 brand new for the pair (unpolished)

I need at least 10 people to make a run of these.

One off brand new is around $575

Create the interest and I'll supply the product

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What would I benifit from these with my mods (note sig)?
I have heard mixed reports about 70mm's. Can someone shed some light here please.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you propose for the air filter ?
If you modify the throttle body size you have to upgrade also the filter housing too. Is it included in the package ?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TB's give a VERY small HP gain on stock/slightly modded cars, enough for the money?? NO, BUT you will notice ALOT better throttle response.

On highly modded (N/A) cars it will give the response and maybe a few more hp, still not enough to warrent the money.

on BLOWN/TURBO car they will make a huge diffrence so you decide.

I actually put mine one as my VERY FIRST mod (of course with the smoothies and filter) and I DID notice a SOTP gain but since I also did the filters and smooties im not sure which gave it to me lol.

Best example I can think of this is close to the same situation is headers, when your stock they give crap for power (nice sound tho) but after forced ind. theya re well worth it.

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice post Stu. You've come a long way. I remember when you first started you barely knew how to change oil. :)

He's right. TB's make a bigger difference if you are blown or have more mods on NA cars. If you have ported heads, T&D's you will see more of a gain.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in 70mm TBs if the group buy happens. I am also getting a 3" all the way through intake system to mate up with them.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice post Stu. You've come a long way. I remember when you first started you barely knew how to change oil. :)

He's right. TB's make a bigger difference if you are blown or have more mods on NA cars. If you have ported heads, T&D's you will see more of a gain.

LMAO Thanks

very true lol (psssst I still don't know how to change oil the Wizard does mine lol)

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu,

I thought that larger intakes would produce LESS throttle response on a relatively stock setup? Bernoulli's Principle I believe. You would be moving the same volume of air through the stock intake/valves/piston-displacement/exhaust, only with less pressure gradient. If you upgrade other components, such as valves, exhaust diameters, displacement (or SC) then the 70's would begin to be helpful. BUT...I could be mistaken. Perhaps our cylinder head gurus could educate us.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu,

I thought that larger intakes would produce LESS throttle response on a relatively stock setup? Bernoulli's Principle I believe. You would be moving the same volume of air through the stock intake/valves/piston-displacement/exhaust, only with less pressure gradient. If you upgrade other components, such as valves, exhaust diameters, displacement (or SC) then the 70's would begin to be helpful. BUT...I could be mistaken. Perhaps our cylinder head gurus could educate us.

after installing mine (on a BONE stock car) the throttle response was 100%.

However I will say this 70mm TB's do NOT like slow "parking lot" speeds.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if I did not have TB's already I WOULD buy into this because it is something that will pay off later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang