Group Buy, Walbro High pressure fuel pump

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have set up a group buy for the Walbro GSS340M high press. fuel pump. These are 255 lph. This gb will be sold thru Chris @ www.importpoweronline.com

Details-

Walbro GSS340M high press. intank pump, No install kit just pump

# of pumps.........$shipped
10.................$100
20.................$95
30.................$90

All prices shipped in the US only.
Payment can be made by Paypal and all major credit cards
2-3 day priority mail with tracking
All customers will receive confirmation e-mail with tracking number upon shipment
Ship time is about 1 week
Group buy will go tru when #s are met

I will get Chris over here to answer any ?s

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is included in an install kit? what is the application for this pump?

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will it do for you. It will flow more fuel and support higher hp when you need the extra flow. I am really the wrong person to answer this. This should be answered by one of the Viper tuners or experts.

This pump fits a few differant cars if i remember correctly. Install kit I will have to check.

Sorry for being vague I just set this up and have nothing to due with the sale.

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris registered her but is waiting for the account to be approved by the mods.

He will answer ?s and take over when he can post.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What this pump will do is maintain 55lbs of pressure consistently. At least that is my experience. As you know, the stock pump is only good up to 600 + 0r - RWHP. So with this upgrade, you can maintain your volume as you increase horsepower and RPM.

I would like to add that the modification is not a simple out with the old, in with the new. The pump is contained in a cocoon and can be very tricky to manipulate. Not to mention that swaping the pump requires you to remove the entire fuel tank in the RT/10's. However, if you have a high horsepower application like TT, SC or NOS, it is a great way to help deliver more fuel.

For my application of NX 200 shot on top of 565 on motor, it has been perfect. I have plenty of pressure and volume.

Regards,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chris, Have you checked with Walpro to see if they had one of our pump modules if they could do an install kit. It would help sales and they could make a few more $$$. Does anybody know how many LPH the stock pump is good for?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is my real question. My 96 GTS fuel pump is way out to lunch. Not properly giving me a good pressure when starting up. i have to prime the engine several times before start up. My GTS has been at a dealers site for 3 months and Mopar is not shipping any fuel pumps. Keep saying that they are back ordered. Giving a specific ship date but then the date is back dated even further. I would really like to have my car back, but i am saving storage fees while the car is at the dealers.....

OP
OP
J

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris, Glad to see you made it.

Are you allowed to have that car in your sig?
smile.gif

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my knowledge there is no specific install kit for the Viper.
The issues are 1. getting the pump out of the assembly - this is hard but not impossible. 2. installing the pump within the cocoon and having it stay stationary. The Walbrow is not a direct replacement. Both of those issues can be overcome - especially if you have a good mechanical background.
I will add, that when we did my install we had to go back into the tank TWICE within the first 500 miles to re-seat the pump. It was a PITA. We finally decided to do some fabrication, and came up with a solution that has been sound for thousands of miles now.

Hemi - I would go for it. Especially if you have a good mechanic to help. Also, it is my understanding that Dodge does not offer a "fuel pump" replacement. I am pretty sure they make you buy a whole new assembly. That being the case, do not break the assembly while trying to remove the pump.

Regards,

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Walbro make an install kit for the viper ?

I would be interested in a least 1 pump maybe 2 but if they do make an install kit I want it too

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this really isn't an upgrade on a stock engine, I mean the stock pump is fine for fairly stock engines.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have there been any tests on Walbro versus Bosch pumps on the Viper? On my Supra, a single Bosch pump was flowing more fuel than the Walbro setup, and it was a lot quieter, too. Just wondering... in case I decide to add a supercharger
smile.gif

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe117:
So this really isn't an upgrade on a stock engine, I mean the stock pump is fine for fairly stock engines.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to waste the money on a stock engine or slightly modded engine.
What is the LPH of the stock pump ?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No expert here, but why don't you just add an external in-line fuel pump to increase LPH, while keeping the stock pump in the tank? You know, the ones that bolt to a frame rail.

I'm sure I am missing something, as this seems to be too easy.

Later

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont quote me but i believe the stock pump puts out about 50-55 gph do the conversion from there,and as far as a keene bell boost a pump it should be used in conjunction with the walbro 255,and yes they do also make an external mount pump,walbro makes a 255lph external,problem with external mt. pump is it has to work harder as it is pulling fuel instead of pushing,there is no "install kit avail,for the(viper) walbro pump,if someone has done it before it is a fairly basic install,i would not recomend doing it yourself as other things have to be considered and change ect.lines,you do not want to utilize oem regulator,preferably self adjusting or adj,K.B boost a pump,anyone considering doing this that is not running N20,S.C or turbo , should consider spending there money wisely on other mods,as fuel system upgrade is not needed until the demand for fuel is increased,hope this helps

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
No expert here, but why don't you just add an external in-line fuel pump to increase LPH, while keeping the stock pump in the tank? You know, the ones that bolt to a frame rail.

I'm sure I am missing something, as this seems to be too easy.

Later

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm no expert either but has anybody had any experience with the
Kenne Bell Boost a Pump ? It seems like just the ticket we're looking for without messing with the fuel pump/module.