GRUNDY Insurance ????

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dixter, an old fart like you should get pretty good rates! Wait.... don't you have a ticket in say.... Plano? lol What happened with that anyway? Did you get it dismissed?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A recap from a previous thread:

Without beating a dead horse (if you want to, run a search on Grundy), I'll sum up my findings on them:
I considered Grundy, and was amazed at their prices. However, I had my attorney look at their service contract, and decided against it. While I have no doubt that people have had successful claims, the contract says without question that you must be attending or heading to a car exhibition of PUBLIC interest.

So, I decided not to chance it. My attorney said this to help me reach my conclusion: if by some chance Grundy (or the underwriter, whoever it may be) found themselves paying out too many claims, they could legally refuse to pay my claim if I was driving around town, even on a "pleasure trip."

To put icing on the cake, the insurer (Grundy and the underwriter) even admitted that they were thinking about changing the wording of their own contract to make it seem less strict. Well, until they do... buyer beware, and realize that in the end, all you have is the legal contract. A judge won't care that claims were paid in the past... he'll see that the explicit wording for the contract allows them to refuse any item that wasn't part of a "PUBLIC" gathering. Call me paranoid... I call myself prudent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness