GTS Defector !! (well almost)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess ill be in this forum a bit more often :D i got hold of a 06 on friday, it was a new car The Wizard originally sent over for one of our other UK members, Steve. All stock except for a corsa with 6K miles on it now, and the stripes which were painted on by Chuck by Steve's request (it was originally a non-striped car)

have only had about 10 miinute seat time at the moment

havent got any decent pics as yet, so here's some dirty ones

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats with all teh Mustangs??? I see at least 3. and BTW its funny how you blocked out the plate in the 3rd picture but not in the first. :lmao:lol But very nice car. congratulations.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the mustangs are for sale as well, pics taken in the place were i brought it from

VYP is the current plate (owned by the old ownere) but that will change soon when i put mine on, i rubbed out the other pics to save confusion as they read a different number as well, pics were taken on a different day. Here we can keep a number and move it from vehicle to vehicle

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys, im looking forward to some better weather so i can give it some stick, wet, grimy and salty roads at the moment will keep it in the garage for a bit

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Neil~! Glad it came thru for you...that's one awesome Coupe! Hope for better weather for you too, and ENJOY!!!! ~juli

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*confused*...

I thought coupes didn't come back until 08... Okay - someone educate me here. How is this an 06?

**EDIT** Alright, never mind... 2006 was the first year. How the hell did I have that factoid wrong?...

Alright - go ahead... :bonker:

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*confused*...

I thought coupes didn't come back until 08... Okay - someone educate me here. How is this an 06?

**EDIT** Alright, never mind... 2006 was the first year. How the hell did I have that factoid wrong?...

Alright - go ahead... :bonker:

Yes gen three coupes were first available in 2006. no 07 of any kind until 08... Nice car neal, enjoy!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers get such a celebrity/rockstar reaction here in the USA, I can only imagine how they are regarded over in the UK. Most people probably have no clue what they are looking at over there. What is it like being a Viper owner outside of North America?

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
over here a viper sighting is very rare, outside club events and friends cars, ive only ever seen x3 on the road in about 10 years !! though with the younger generation mainly thanks to the playstation they are recognised, or is it just anything with stripes is a viper :D Cant say over the years ive ever had any negative problems associated with the Viper

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had a chilly day outside tinkering, swapping the wheel arch bolts, some under hood, and dash bolts for stainless, slapping on a couple of stickers :)

It has scrubbed up pretty good so far, got to get the wheels off when its warmer
managed to get a few pics,

the MGW kit should hopefully arrive this week so those bits will liven up the dash

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Neil!!!

Should be easily recognized as the Viper is so unique looking and has become the recognized World's Fastest Roadcar.

Viper is offered for every car video game isn't it?

I recorded a sitting still, start, rev and shut off to display the sound of TNT headers, Cat delete and Corsa Track exhaust and uploaded to Youtube.
I've gotten quite a few comments of that video - sheesh I didn't even move the car! That's pretty famous.

Same reaction to my 98 GTS burnout vids on youtube as well.

Ted