GTS Gas Cap on a RT/10 ?

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a GTS style lemans gas cap cover on a RT/10? If so let me know, pics would be great etc

Thanks

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with the prior posts. On the GTS, the Le Mans GTS gas cap is deeply recessed into the car. On the RT/10 conversions I've thus far seen, it doesn't look good (IMO); and this probably is because the gas cap is not recessed into the car.

Brass Monkey ACR E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get a GEN4 cap to work it might not look like a pimple. Don't know anyone that has tried thar route

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we're on the subject
Has anyone tried to fit a Fuel Door from a new Challenger on a RT10?
You must be registered for see images attach

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely looks better suited than the GTS Cap....except that they put "Fuel" on the cap is funny.....what else should it take? Hamsters? :lmao:

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I purchased a Drake Automotive fuel door for a late model Challanger from Summit.
Fit is real close. Curve is good and size is slightly more than 1/16" all around. I made a seal to fit.

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I purchased a Drake Automotive fuel door for a late model Challanger from Summit.
Fit is real close. Curve is good and size is slightly more than 1/16" all around. I made a seal to fit.

That looks awesome. How did you mount it in? Can you take a couple of pictures of the inside?

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks

This is what the back of the cap looked like when I got it. I trimmed the black plastic to fit the cavity in the car. I didn't modify the car in anyway. I then got some industrial two sided tape to work as a seal as well. Used a little soap and water to fit the cap without the tape sticking. Once the soap dries its stuck. No damage to the car. its in there solid and can always go back to stock. I'll get a photo of the inside with the door open next time I get the car down.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

that looks :2tu:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen some pictures. It looks like a pimple on the top. to each his own
I Agree DM, Believe it or Not that was One of the Main Reasons I Didn't Want A GTS! Lol! I HATE those Big A$$ Gas Caps! Lol! JMO! Though, I Have Saw A Few that were Painted the Same Color of the Car with the Viper Logo on them that Didn't Look Bad!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'm From the Old School & Just Used to the Gas Cap Blending In with the Vehicle & Not Sticking Out Like A Sore Thumb! I Guess I Just Don't Understand Why Anyone Would Want To Highlight the Gas Cap! But, Hey Gas Caps are Just Like Anything Else on the Car, its A Personal Preference! jmo!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that looks really really good. It would probably look quite nice on a silver rt10...something to consider now :D