GTS Modifications....

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is currently in the hands of the good folks at Woodhouse and they are adding Belanger Headers, 3.55 gears and Speedo kit, lightweight flywheel and freeflow cats (added to my corsa cat back).
Those of you who have had these modifcations done - will I notice a significant change in the performance of this car?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You betcha! It'll be louder and sound nicer as well. Congrats

Ted

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like a good set of Mods. Your car is in good hands. Keep us posted when you get the mods installed.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is currently in the hands of the good folks at Woodhouse and they are adding Belanger Headers, 3.55 gears and Speedo kit, lightweight flywheel and freeflow cats (added to my corsa cat back).
Those of you who have had these modifcations done - will I notice a significant change in the performance of this car?

Are you stating that you sent your car to Woodhouse without doing your homework? Didn't you research what you wanted done before you sent your car to Woodhouse and started asking questions? By the way did it go to the dealership or Woodhouse Performance ?

Don't take my post serious...just woke up....

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The gears don't really show up on the dyno. You will feel the difference. for sure. You will be able to use 6th gear too.

:2tu:

OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you stating that you sent your car to Woodhouse without doing your homework? Didn't you research what you wanted done before you sent your car to Woodhouse and started asking questions? By the way did it go to the dealership or Woodhouse Performance ?

No...I wouldn't write that check without knowing what I'm getting:smirk: But, I have not actually driven a car that had these modifications done.I probably could have worded my question better - of course I am going to see significant changes in the power, feel and note of the car but I am very anxious to get the car back and take it for a drive and I am interested in the difference other people could feel in their cars when they had these changes made.
Mark Jorgensen is handling this project at Woodhouse and I am eager to stop by the shop and see his new car:2tu:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my GTS it already had those mods done so I never got the thrill of making the modifications and feeling the difference, so enjoy it as much as you can. I bet you are just chomping at the bit to get back in it and floor it for the first time. It's like buying the car all over again.

That said, my car put down 440rwhp and 470rwtq with very similar mods (see my sig and subtract the s/c and RRs).

I would recommend getting it tuned, whether it be a VEC or SCT. You will have much a crisper throttle and power delivery with some tuning.
But no matter what, you will be happy with those mods :D

D

DAMN YANKEE

For real seat of the pants.....

Roller Rockers, a reasonable set is all you need.

For the benefit of the motor

Roe fan kit (best single mod you can make)

As to feeling a change with what you have...alot louder and a little quicker.

OP
OP
L

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to the previous owner, it already has a Roe Fan Kit, K & N filters, air box and smooth tubes, motor/tranny mounts and a short throw shifter. I thought about the roller rockers but I think I will wait until I take it back in for a Paxton.
The problem is that everything I do costs double - I spend a dollar on car goodies and my wife gets a dollar for jewelry:dunno:. So, I think I'll wait a couple months to do the rest of the car;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought that too...

And I'm on my second ***!

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as " Bottlefed". When I bought my 99GTS it already had 3.55, lightened flywheel, short throw shifter and a Borla exhaust. I added the belanger headers and high flow cats last summer and it sounded even nicer and felt more powerful.

Unfortunately I've never had her on a dyno to compare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang