GTS-R at West Coast Viper (pics)

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this, as it is the first time I have had this much in-depth experience with a real GTS-R. We dyno'ed this morning and made 670RWHP with the 33.5mm dual restrictors still in the inlets! AMAZING! Additionally, the car weighs in at a cool 2786 pounds. I will post more pics later, but this is one INCREDIBLE race car!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure did, thanks, I will make a big online gallery of those and the dozens I took of all the detail stuff. Most likely on speedstuff.com if I have the space.

I have learned that the oil on the GTS-R and the coolant can be vaccum'd out with these really cool AC style connectors. Allows for oil changes VERY quick during pit stops on endurance races. This thing is sooooooo trick!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are quite a few more pics. I am going to put a CD together of this car and make it available soon. Something I forgot to mention that I thought was awesome is that the lock to lock on the steering is just a hair over 1 full turn. Also, check out the under belly pan. Incredible! The headers are insane, 2" primary pipes and super long equal length tubes. The rear end has a cog gear belt off of one half shaft that runs a pump also. More pics tommorow when I get back to the shop. (who wouldn't work on Sunday to be able to turn a wrench on this?!?!) Gotta love these and I only wish they were still being campaigned by Dodge.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehehehe.. Torque. Forget about it!

Check out the ELECTRIC MIRRORS :) hehehe..

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The torque was like 620 I believe. I will post a dyno chart once I get the peak numbers after tweaking the map for the non-restrictor setup. I have no idea what series the car was the champ in 2003. I believe this car was previously owned by McCann racing. It is car C6 if that helps.

John Horton (the owner of the shop) raced it around the track at willow springs and said it drives like no other Viper. The power and handling is unlike anything he has raced before.

Fletcher: I noticed the power mirror switch and was impressed also. Makes sense actually. The doors are so incredibly light that I would bet the power window motor doubles the door weight. I also love the NACA ducts on the rear fenders. Also, did you notice that there is not a NACA duct for the engine intake? Things that make you go hmmmm....

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for adding more pics. Quite a machine. Probably my favorite car second to the Mclaren F1 LM.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Racing League, Viper Days Unlimited Champ on Hoosiers

Jason, is Sheila jealous of your infatuation with that car?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what series was that a national champion in 2003? Is that the McCanns old GTS/R? (painted the same)

Michael Greenberg is running that car in the unlimited class of Viper Days. The verdict is out on that one. It's like bringing a bazooka to a water ballon fight. Yes, that's McCanns old GTSR. I've been on track at the same time it was (although I believe his mechanic Ross runs the car) and I must admit the car sounds incredible.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am counting on more horsepower and torque tommorow night with a bit of tuning. (can't dyno this monster during the day since the car is so loud - ticks off the others in the complex....) Even with those new style gel earplugs, the noise is insane (albeit AWESOME sounding) and I am sure, ear damaging.