GTS Window Moldings

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The window moldings on my newly acquired GTS could stand to be replaced. They are the vertical moldings at the rear of the side windows...

What's a good source/price for these and what type of job is it ?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The window moldings on my newly acquired GTS could stand to be replaced. They are the vertical moldings at the rear of the side windows...

What's a good source/price for these and what type of job is it ?

I assume you're talking about the weather stripping that runs down the outside of the stanchion (the black piece with the door release button that supports the rear edge of the window). As far as I know , you have to replace the entire stanchion to get that part, and they are expensive.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As pointed out, pricey ($450 each?). Basic mechanical skills needed. Not for the tool challenged, but you don't get the "I built a rocket that could fly to the moon award" either at the end of the day.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, those suckers are a PITA as they are attached with some sort of rivit that as as far as i know cant be fixed.
It is typical for them to come loose towards the top over time. I squirted alittle black silicone adhesive in there and put a soft clamp on her overnight. Good as new:2tu:

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On hold with Chuck now...$589.90 a side for the part only... There must be some alternative...

As pointed out, pricey ($450 each?). Basic mechanical skills needed. Not for the tool challenged, but you don't get the "I built a rocket that could fly to the moon award" either at the end of the day.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea, those suckers are a PITA as they are attached with some sort of rivit that as as far as i know cant be fixed.
It is typical for them to come loose towards the top over time. I squirted alittle black silicone adhesive in there and put a soft clamp on her overnight. Good as new:2tu:

The strip against the glass? When I bought mine both strips were loose at the bottom and middle. I used Contact Cement on one and Black silicone on the other side. Like new and it only took about 5 minutes a side to fix. It took a few weeks to examine, disassemble, etc. and check out the "rivets". Decided to use the glue method and it easy.

Epoxy would be more permanent, but after 2 years both CC and Silcone are working perfectly.

Ted

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On mine the driver's side is mostly missing and the passenger side is just cracked slightly horizontally. Chuck said he gives 20% off and no tax out of state but at that price I'm thinking that I can barely hear the noise over the exhaust and it adds a Gen1 sort of appeal to the car:rolleyes::D

The strip against the glass? When I bought mine both strips were loose at the bottom and middle. I used Contact Cement on one and Black silicone on the other side. Like new and it only took about 5 minutes a side to fix. It took a few weeks to examine, disassemble, etc. and check out the "rivets". Decided to use the glue method and it easy.

Epoxy would be more permanent, but after 2 years both CC and Silcone are working perfectly.

Ted

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB also has acess to used/like new parts as he buys cars for the parts.

Ted

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like someone stated above, contact cement and then use small "c" clamps until the glue dries. It really does work and quite well I might add. It also saves you tons of money.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All but about 2 inches of the top of the Driver's side is gone. The passenger side just has a small horizontal crack... I was going to replace both figuring it would be more reasonable but after driving it again yesterday I figure that I can wait until somebody comes up with something... I was thinking that something only inside the track may be pretty easy to find and install.. This seems to be not totally uncommon...

Epoxied (5 min.) mine back on the left side, works like a charm. If they are not broken, don't replace them, just glue them back.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sadly enough mine have been gone for the last 3 years. I'd rather put that money into making the car go faster. So the window whistles a little as you are going 135mph. Someday I'll fix mine, but not for awhile. :drive: