Gunter Ring Race Track - Dallas area?

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw an advertisement in last month's D Magazine about the upcoming opening of Gunter Ring Motorsports Country Club. The advertisement mentioned 3 Grand Prix race tracks, 16 configurations, etc. Opening is scheduled in summer of 2001 with "special charter membership packages". I called the phone number in the advertisement and spoke to an individual who saide he would send me some additional information. The location he mentioned is approx 35 miles north of the Galleria. The sound of it was that this was oriented to a high end clientele.

Has anybody heard of this before and have any additional information?

Thanks,
Jim Korns

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it's been in the development stages for a little while now. Oscar Pinyero is one of the developers. I've seen the drawings and it's looking very cool. Can't wait to see the finished product.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jk:

I saw an advertisement in last month's D Magazine about the upcoming opening of Gunter Ring Motorsports Country Club. The advertisement mentioned 3 Grand Prix race tracks, 16 configurations, etc. Opening is scheduled in summer of 2001 with "special charter membership packages". I called the phone number in the advertisement and spoke to an individual who saide he would send me some additional information. The location he mentioned is approx 35 miles north of the Galleria. The sound of it was that this was oriented to a high end clientele.

Has anybody heard of this before and have any additional information?

Thanks,
Jim Korns

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right about being oriented towards high-end clients as rumor has some of the initial memberships are to the tune of $50,000! It's supposed to be _REALLY_ nice with track services and ammenities galore. Can't wait to see.

Regards, Tittle

OP
OP
J

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a serious outlay for a membership! After taking a 3 day Justin Bell course in Florida earlier this month, I started looking at Motorsports Ranch for a venue to keep up with what I learned in driving school and enjoy another aspect of the car. Motorsports Ranch looks like it offers what an occasional user (such as I) would want. Gunter Ring must really have some amenities to justify a membership rate at that level.

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang