Guys check out my 08 on Ebay

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you get your money. No one has worked harder to sell a Viper than you have, in this tough economy and also at a bad time of the year. Best of luck!:2tu:

Bill

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow someone is going to get one heck of a deal. I wish I was in the market to purchase a Viper right now, it would be sold. good luck with the sale.

:santa:

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys (posted pictures say it all )would like to keep it in the VCA BUT.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I mentioned one of my car dealer buddys is helping me broker it and he has someone coming Friday.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you were taking her to Manheim...
I thought i was too BUT none of my dealer friends are buying ANYTHING for the next few weeks so untill then one of them they stuck it on E-Bay for me.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm,
How are you able to make the following statement in the ad given what you have posted here regarding Evan Smith's runs at Englishtown with it? I'm sure it did not hurt the car one bit but at the very least you may possibly be compromising the guy who put the ad up for you in terms of his feedback when someone figures that connection out. And they will sooner or later as much as you have posted about this car for sale AND the drag strip runs as well. Just a little free advice if you are not EBay savvy.

"ALL THE MILES THAT ARE ON THE CAR WERE DRIVEN , AND BABIED ... BY MYSELF"

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm,
How are you able to make the following statement in the ad given what you have posted here regarding Evan Smith's runs at Englishtown with it? I'm sure it did not hurt the car one bit but at the very least you may possibly be compromising the guy who put the ad up for you in terms of his feedback when someone figures that connection out. And they will sooner or later as much as you have posted about this car for sale AND the drag strip runs as well. Just a little free advice if you are not EBay savvy.

"ALL THE MILES THAT ARE ON THE CAR WERE DRIVEN , AND BABIED ... BY MYSELF"

I wondered the same thing!:omg:

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys but i did not write the add or have anything to do with the wording the guy brokering the car for me did (thats his phone number and E-BAY account number )as far as the E-Town runs (all 4-5 of them )anyone who knows me knows how i keep my Vipers.As testiment to the above an EX NAT VCA Pres owns my my old Gen 2 and he could have ANY Viper out there.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, you don't seem to be that internet savvy, you had to have Joe H post your ad on the site here and you had to have a friend post the EBay ad.
Your friend has a 100% EBay rating, that's a hard thing to achieve. By allowing him to continue to run the ad with that lapse of ethics in it you are risking his ebay rating without his knowledge.
Simple google searchs accomplish a lot, by putting in 1badgts all your posts everywhere will come up. And our site is searchable by your user name which will very quickly bring up the Englishtown thread also.
As a simple example your ebay auction number is searchable. See below. You need to let your friend who posted the ebay auction know about this ethical lapse in the ad as it will come back to haunt HIM not you.

"280296505709" - Google Search

And note what happens when you search OUR site under your user name. Some of the very top threads relate to your car running at Englishtown. An EBay buyer will very quickly find this stuff and your buddy's ebay ranking will suffer a big hit.

http://forums.viperclub.org/search.php?searchid=487664

Last edited:
OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Lee as i will let him know as the guy and his associates move alot of EXOTICS.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys but i did not write the add or have anything to do with the wording the guy brokering the car for me did (thats his phone number and E-BAY account number )as far as the E-Town runs (all 4-5 of them )anyone who knows me knows how i keep my Vipers.As testiment to the above an EX NAT VCA Pres owns my my old Gen 2 and he could have ANY Viper out there.

He can"t have mine. :lmao::lmao:

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck with your sale. I think your viper color is supposed to be one of the least popular colors available which I do not understand. I think it looks very classy. I know its not bright but it still looks like another great color to me.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all of the threads about you selling this car, one thing is completely obvious...you are desperate! If I were a buyer, I wouldn't offer you what you are asking. Not trying to be a ****, but rather help you out. You should back off the sale for a while and try it again a little more subtle. When t comes to negotiating, information is power, and there is way too much info on the sale of this car all over the net.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all of the threads about you selling this car, one thing is completely obvious...you are desperate! If I were a buyer, I wouldn't offer you what you are asking. Not trying to be a ****, but rather help you out. You should back off the sale for a while and try it again a little more subtle. When t comes to negotiating, information is power, and there is way too much info on the sale of this car all over the net.
At first i would have thought you were right but that was 4 months ago .Fact of the matter is NOTHING is moving .Car for car my ,mileage for mileage my car is thousands cheaper than any other 08 out there (low 60s is wholesale )and it still has not sold.ANY ONE out there looking to buy a VIPER is beating the HELL out of the sellers (new and used )untill the guy or dealer that needs the money the most gives in.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took an absolute beating on my Z06 on eBay, I never thought I'd have sold that low on it. But I figure things are only going to get worse and I don't want to pay insurance on something depreciating.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first i would have thought you were right but that was 4 months ago .Fact of the matter is NOTHING is moving .Car for car my ,mileage for mileage my car is thousands cheaper than any other 08 out there (low 60s is wholesale )and it still has not sold.ANY ONE out there looking to buy a VIPER is beating the HELL out of the sellers (new and used )untill the guy or dealer that needs the money the most gives in.

My comments are not meant to argue, but I've seen you struggling to sell. Take them as sincere.

Vipers are selling even in this market. A month ago I bought a 1200 mi. viper red/black stripe coupe for just slightly more than your asking price in the vca classifieds. I then sold my 7700 mi. 06 red/silver striped coupe for high 50''s in 4 days.

Your color is unpopular and a convertible is less desirable, especially in winter. I looked at autotrader and I don't see your car there? I did see a new green convertible for 69K and a number of vert's in the mid-60's and even 08 vipers at 59K. If you think mid-60's for your car is aggressive your not seeing the market. There's lots of new venon red's out there with dealers who are or will be in the 60's soon.

If you want to sell your viper I'd suggest you place an add in autotrader and price at 62K firm. And/or place a no-reserve auction on ebay with a starting price of high 50's. The market is soft but there are buyers, you need to price agressively and advertise agressively. Also, I'd skip the "price is right". I'll bet many folks think you own it for taxes only. Focus on 30% off, mint condition and lots of warrantee left. Also, let your sale posts die off, if someone wants info they'll send you a PM. Best wishes!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten